Ch precision...p1

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
so finally after a lot of thought and turnovers, i decided to pull the plug and join to the rest of the elite holders
and ordered a CH P1 PHONO STAGE!
I AM SO EXCITED!
i probably add the X1 in the near future also, although i thought maybe to get the L1 instead, even though i have the EAR 912 on order too for a line stage (and phono)
( i really interest on doing AB between the two phono also... )

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Wow congrats.

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
Heard it two days ago in two different systems here in Italy; one of them very intriguing and satisfying.
I can't tell you in depth since the system full CH Precision was totally new for me; it seems a great phonostage; extraordinary flexibility (especially the chance to choose impedance for MC between 20 ohm until 100kohms by remote control in steps of 1 or 10 or 100 ohms... fantastic); sounds extraordinarly fast, detailed and not fatiguing; neverthless CH Precision is extremely expensive with the separate power unit.
Turntables of the two systems I heard played with Air Tight Opus and Lyra (Titan or Etna, I don't remember exactly).
A very positive vinyl experience.
Marco

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Ciao Marco,tutto bene?

@byrdparis
Congrats for P1,i have P1,L1 and X1 with 2 boards,
I had before Kondo GE1 and M7 KSL and i found P1 similar natural mid,but more open,better bass,more clean,fast and dynamic sound, X1 give more weight and natural sound
Incredible thing is that P1 is true mono,so in future you can buy a second P1 without input and output board,so you can take the right board for example and put in new P1 so they became a really mono P1.In future you can add a second X1 so you have P1 mono with 2 board
There are 2 people in USA that have a told me that is incredible the improvement

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
so finally after a lot of thought and turnovers, i decided to pull the plug and join to the rest of the elite holders
and ordered a CH P1 PHONO STAGE!
I AM SO EXCITED!
i probably add the X1 in the near future also, although i thought maybe to get the L1 instead, even though i have the EAR 912 on order too for a line stage (and phono)
( i really interest on doing AB between the two phono also... )

Wow Congrats. It’s on my shortlist too along with the EMT. The P1 would make sense and I could get a X1 and power it as well as my C1....

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Wow Congrats. It’s on my shortlist too along with the EMT. The P1 would make sense and I could get a X1 and power it as well as my C1....

Until now in my system....P1 + X1 is the best solid stage phono I have heard... EMT JPA66 is the best tube phono I have heard.
You can go either way depending on your system and preference.

IMG_3154.JPG

Kind regards,
Tang

Reactions: Long Live Analog

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
Ciao Marco,tutto bene?

@byrdparis
Congrats for P1,i have P1,L1 and X1 with 2 boards,
I had before Kondo GE1 and M7 KSL and i found P1 similar natural mid,but more open,better bass,more clean,fast and dynamic sound, X1 give more weight and natural sound
Incredible thing is that P1 is true mono,so in future you can buy a second P1 without input and output board,so you can take the right board for example and put in new P1 so they became a really mono P1.In future you can add a second X1 so you have P1 mono with 2 board
There are 2 people in USA that have a told me that is incredible the improvement

thank you Gian,
your posts on the p1 vs Kondo before was drive me to think my steps again after i purchase the SFz and wanted to get the M7 , i stopped and re thought about it.
finally puled the plug on the P1 and sold the SFz...

the question is how much the X1 will do better with the P1 vs ONLY THE P1... i suspect its will be better of course , but how much better?
the question and something i contemplating about - how much more "help" a 24K EU phono pre amp need???
the X1 is a 14K eu add to a very very high price equipment... as it is... so...
anyone heard them with and without and can share the variants on performance?

thanks.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I bought L1 and then P1
After 6 months i bought X1 that come with 1 board and i did test with P1 and without and also at home of my friend that also he bought P1
X1 improves P1 because image is bigger and there is more space between instrument,also more dynamic and more body and more dense.
Then i bought a second board to connect also L1
Problem if you try you want to buy,like my friend
But with CH is good that you can improve buying x1 in future and also transform P1 in mono in future

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
I bought L1 and then P1
After 6 months i bought X1 that come with 1 board and i did test with P1 and without and also at home of my friend that also he bought P1
X1 improves P1 because image is bigger and there is more space between instrument,also more dynamic and more body and more dense.
Then i bought a second board to connect also L1
Problem if you try you want to buy,like my friend
But with CH is good that you can improve buying x1 in future and also transform P1 in mono in future

hello Gian,
thank you for that, the problem that i cant try to decide how much it will be better, i need to get the x1 like ive got the p1 - blind.
i can only rely of other impression and experience like you have.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I suggest to enjoy P1 that is fantastic also alone and don't think to X1
In future when you would like to buy something you can think to X1

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
I suggest to enjoy P1 that is fantastic also alone and don't think to X1
In future when you would like to buy something you can think to X1

thank you.
btw i asked richard H mak about it, and he said that the X1 is pretty much a MUST have.
in his book, the 2 box P1 an X1 is the minimum to get of the configuration. i can afford the x1 right now, but also thinking maybe it will be better to save some and get the L1 first after having the P1.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
If you think to buy L1 i think you will be very happy
This morning i brought L1 to my friend that has Vivaldi,Viola Bravo II and Coincident speaker
He sold his pre and is thinking how to buy
He Tried,Coincident,Vitus,Emm Labs Viola and others,but never listen in his life one pre like L1,he told me

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
so.... after a few weeks of sleepless night waiting for the P1 to arrive,
its actually HERE!!!

i was unbox it and plug it in my system for the last couple of hours...
and played some tunes to see if everything is in order... in the meanwhile i am so exciting that its hard for me to evaluate how superb it is... but this is what im hearing from the get go
a SUPERB sound.

IMG_2879.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2882.jpg

Reactions: ack

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
so.... after a few weeks of sleepless night waiting for the P1 to arrive,
its actually HERE!!!

i was unbox it and plug it in my system for the last couple of hours...
and played some tunes to see if everything is in order... in the meanwhile i am so exciting that its hard for me to evaluate how superb it is... but this is what im hearing from the get go
a SUPERB sound.

View attachment 37342

View attachment 37343

View attachment 37344

Congrats! Looking forward to your impressions.

Howie

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Byrdparis, congratulations!! We look forward to hearing your impressions. Please let us know if you are using the MC or MM inputs with each cartridge. Enjoy!!! I have found the P1 to be extraordinary!

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
Byrdparis, congratulations!! We look forward to hearing your impressions. Please let us know if you are using the MC or MM inputs with each cartridge. Enjoy!!! I have found the P1 to be extraordinary!

Hi,
Thanks for your congrats!
i have a few hours behind me with the P1 already, i just cant stop hearing more and more records.
i have connected 2 arms\carts at the moment to the 1 + 2 current mode as of now (i didnt tried the voltage yet)
my CA TT2 with Ortofon Anna
and
my Thales with ZYX R1000 airy3 sb

the ZYX at +20db
the ANNA at +25db (but i also need to get the volume knob on my 912 preamp further on)

they both sound very very good!
the P1 is CLEAR AND CRISP! with a sense of musicality and smoothness that i never heard yet in my system.
the EAR 912 phono stage has more mid bloom but everything else are very small and blunt VS the P1 overall presentation.
the P1 is so big and wide with so much depth... i cant believe my ears.
this is so much better then all my prevues phono stages..

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
"this is so much better then all my prevues phono stages.."

Yes, I can definitely agree!, I never had a solid state PhonoPre with so much music in it.

The most Solid State I had at home were great in the first comparison, but after a while, I switched back to my beloved Tube Phonostages , if it was / is Kondo, Aesthetix, Thoeress, Herron and so on.

But now , with the P1 feeding my Koda Takumi K10 MKII , I hear all the resolution I know from other solid states, but also the "music" I know from my Tube Phonostages. I believe, the Koda is on the warmer side of neutral , so the P1 seems to be a perfect match (using xlr)

I always have different Carts playing and I like to play different Carts with phonoPres to listen to the difference of the Carts.

The P1 shows the be biggest difference between Carts I ever heard from any PhonoPre, means to me, that the sonic signature of the P1 in minor and the signal is pure the signal of the the Cartridge.

I am using the pure single P1 ,without external PSU, already great performance .

Knowing the step to better PSU from other gear, this might become a next step :)

IMG_7621.jpg

IMG_7622.jpg

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Shakti, are you still using your “big blue” TT ? What motor/motors did you end up using ? You where going to try 2 motors last you reported.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing