Gobel Lacorde Statement Cables have arrived

OliverSolo

Aug 5, 2017
Agreed

I DO know what you are talking about. Its one of the reasons I sell the cables. I don't want or expect anyone to take my word for it.

I had the pleasure of another evening of music at Priaptor's home ( aka Howie) last night. We listened for about 4 hours to a lot of different music and the one thing that keep popping into my head wsa how PURE the system sounded. It has been working amazingly well but it seems to have fully broken in with all the Gobel cables and the CH Precision M-1 amp and it just sounds amazingly pure. The other thought I had while listening was it has the weight and feel of music. I am not sure exactly how to explain what I mean but many systems lack the foundation of a drum, the bottom of the piano, the resonant character of the string bass. They play the note, or the leading edge of the sound but lack the body and the weight. Howie played some older pieces that I might have heard in the past but they sounded new to me .Steve Wilson's sax mixed with steel drums , Bruce Katz's keyboards and particularly his piano on "contrition" was just scary good. The cables and now I want to highlight what Oliver has been able to design and execute are quiet. I know many would say Elliot what the heck are you talking about but you need to experience what they do.
When listening to other cables the music seems to be affected by a non black background, we have tried a few other brands over the years and I don't think it serves any purpose to name them, and none of them are able to have the music flow and float with this incredibel since of YOU ARE THERE. I am not a wordsmith and I want to convey what I hear and felt and the word that keeps coming back is PURE. These wires with the CH Precison M-1 and the MSB Select 2 and producing magical evenings.

felipe91

May 23, 2022
Hello,
do you think that putting an XLR statement interconnect btween a luxman CD08u and a preamp c900 u (instead of a stealth indra v10) could change significantly the sound?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Hello,
do you think that putting an XLR statement interconnect btween a luxman CD08u and a preamp c900 u (instead of a stealth indra v10) could change significantly the sound?
Yes I do

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Thank you , what more would it bring? Indra V10 is not perfect, but it's a very good cable.
then why do you want to change

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Is the Lacorde statement XLR rigid ? heavy? Is the minimum lengh 1.2 m? Thank you
its actually very flexible except at the connectors, yes 1.2 is min length. They are not extraordinarily heavy however the connectors are heafty

felipe91

May 23, 2022
Hello
i finally bought a lacorde statement XLR, i really like the sound. Concerning lacorde statement XLR, i've the opportunity to buy one, would it be interesting to connect it to the preamp or the cd player? or to the amp?
philippe

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
My first choice would be pre to amp

felipe91

May 23, 2022
Thank you Eliott. xlr form pre to amp i think it's a good choice.
And if i get a lacorde PC? should I also connect it on preamp? amp? CD player?
thank you

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Thank you Eliott. xlr form pre to amp i think it's a good choice.
And if i get a lacorde PC? should I also connect it on preamp? amp? CD player?
thank you
hard to answer but my first choice would be the power amplifier

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing