Testing and embracing Stacore

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
@dcc , could you expand a little on your comparison between the CLD footers and your previous set up?
My previous setup comprises the original spikes and the Harmonix RF 909X MK2 spike bases. The floor of my listening room is a very thick concrete slab covered with large tiles.

C8AF198D-ABAE-4D4A-A478-E9FFD6B93E2B.jpeg

For the comparison, I selected several master tapes of classical music that I know very well. I listened to them prior installing the Stacore CLD footers. My son helped me so I could change the setup as quickly as possible and I listened to the same tapes.

The changes were immediately very noticeable : a better articulation of the bass and medium with a more detailed soundstage.

Yesterday, the owner of Ana Migthy Sound, the French distributor of Stacore, came to my place. He knows my system very well and he could not believe how dramatic the improvement was.

Last edited:

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
It's our new baby in the introductory range: Stacore Roller
Hi, Jarek. My first time visiting this thread and from the looks of things, you seem to be the resident vibration isolation expert. Congratulations.

There's often times confusion with terminologies, materials, designs, executions, etc. in the vibration mgmt world so I'm wondering if you could clarify how your new Roller design actually isolates against vibrations?

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Hi, Jarek. My first time visiting this thread and from the looks of things, you seem to be the resident vibration isolation expert. Congratulations.

There's often times confusion with terminologies, materials, designs, executions, etc. in the vibration mgmt world so I'm wondering if you could clarify how your new Roller design actually isolates against vibrations?

Hi Stehno & welcome!

At the heart are sensitive roller bearings, isolating in the horizontal plane. Apart from that it employs high mass and slate/steel CLD (constrained layer damping) as additional damping mechanisms.

Cheers,

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I think the whole audio industry is waiting for Munich. I hope it is not going to get sidelined due to inactivity. There are quite a few shows in the UK, Canada and the US taking place.

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
I had a look at your website. A very impressive work you are guys doing. Are you going to any audio shows this year?

FYI, our Benelux distributor Ultisone (flyer here) will show some of our platforms next weekend (30-31OCT) at the Dutch Audio Event https://dutchaudioevent.nl/ Room 21

Reactions: dcc

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Just an addendum to my recent Stacore comment on my previous dedicated thread. Installing my CDP on a second Stacore brought back all the positives I heard when I auditioned the brand for the first time in 2017.

Reactions: Forte

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing