Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: Testing and embracing Stacore

Ron, leg-in-a-leg first of all dampens the legs themselves (and by creating a highly damped high mass sections also the whole structure).
    Plus there is some degree of decoupling from the floor too, although the main job here is done by the platforms.

Cheers,
    Jarek Korbicz
    STACORE
    Manufacturer of Advanced
    Anti-vibration Solutions

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    Thank you, David and Jarek.
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000; tonearms: SME 3012R, Schröder LT; cartridges: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2, Air Tight Opus-1; tape: Studer A820 Mk II; phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse; line stage: VTL TL-7.5 Series III; amplifier: VTL Siegfried Series II; loudspeaker: Gryphon Pendragon; cables: MasterBuilt Ultra; stands: Vintage Audio Nothing racks, Herzan TS-140/Taiko Tana for Io, Stacore Basic+ for amps; power: Torus AVR60BAL; room: 19' wide X 24' long X 14' tall; acoustic treatment: ASC IsoThermal Tube Traps, Lumitex drapes

Pierre, the tech who is taking care of my Studer A80 came over to my place this afternoon. He knows my system pretty well and having worked both as a studio tech and recording engineer, he has a critical ear. He is not shy telling right in your face his thinking either positive or negative. Not only was he impressed by the build quality of the rack but equally he told me that the improvements he heard were substantial. Somehow it is reassuring that other people who know my system have a concurring opinion on the benefits gained with the new audio rack.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    DCC, can you clear something up for me? The lowest two Stacores seem to be sitting on the floor, is that correct?
    Or are they on the rack, but the rack at lowest tier level is not visible?
    If I'm right and they're on the floor, why would you want that? Surely at the premium you're paying for the rack you'd want all six Stacores benefiting.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritofmusic View Post
    DCC, can you clear something up for me? The lowest two Stacores seem to be sitting on the floor, is that correct?
    Or are they on the rack, but the rack at lowest tier level is not visible?
    If I'm right and they're on the floor, why would you want that? Surely at the premium you're paying for the rack you'd want all six Stacores benefiting.
    My floor is a very thick slab of concrete covered with ceramic tiles. According to Jarek, this is the best floor for vibration control. Stacore confirmed me that putting the lowest platforms on the floor or having them in a rack with an additional supporting frame would yield the same result. There is however a big difference. I am gaining 12 centimeters / 4.7 inches in height as the rack's feet and the supporting frame are respectively 8 and 4 centimeters high.

The total height is 112 centimeters / 44 inches which is perfect with the turntable sitting on the top. Being 5.8 foot tall, I didn't see myself needing a ladder for flipping LPs on the turntable.

With a suspended floor, I can understand that the lowest platforms would sit on a frame within the rack. This is the big advantage of the Stacore Custom approach. You get what you exactly need taking into account the idiosyncrasies of your listening room. I will spare you all the different iterations of design we went through before agreeing on a final one.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    DCC, I don't expect you to fully reveal pricing. But had you ordered this rack w additional support for the lowest two Stacores, would it have added much to the price of the rack you ended up ordering?
    Ie horizontal strutting to support those base Stacores off the floor.

I ask because in my suspended timber floor, I'd have needed the rack to cover all six Stacores.

Marc, let me answer this as we did not touch the subject with dcc. There would be no price change - its a 3 tier rack. The reason is that in fact there is a bracing in dcc and Flyer racks at the very bottom, adding stability and rigidity to the whole structure. Its E shaped to open the space for the platforms so may not be visible on pics but its there

Cheers,
    Jarek

Edit: dcc has a prototype frame which consumes a horrendous amount of time to make. Adding one more frame in that technology would add substantially to the price. We have evolved the design to make it more maneagable and price efficient where either E brace or a full one is the same effort so the price stays the same.
    Last edited by Stacore; 09-12-2018 at 08:16 AM.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324