Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 276768697071727374757677

Thread: Confessions of an Audiophile Junky-I Got Center Stage With Pitch Perfect Sound

[Industry Expert] Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Steve Blinn Designs a former Audiogon dealer (may no longer be in business). Solid 2" thick butcher block maple shelves resting on sorbothane bumpers in a heavy aluminum contruction frame.

Watch, the sound will go to hell the next time I turn the system on. Here's an old rack pic.

Attachment 42947
    Thanks! Please keep all of us posted. I'm really interested. I have no idea what will happen next............

If it degrades (and it very well may), it could get ugly for a while. Hang in there.
    Joseph Lavrencik
    President,
    Critical Mass Systems
    www.criticalmasssystems.com

Member Sponsor [VIP/Donor]
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    But these behave like nothing in the market place. Keep being amused Keith. It's easy to comment if you haven't tried them. I even offered to come to your house and set them up in your system for you but you declined.

So Keith, it's easy to make comments like you did but I was prepared to show you differently in your system and you said "no"
    I jest simply because you've said the same things before, Steve. I even bought your old Aurios after your Stillpoints "destroyed" them lol. Back then I was curious on such stuff, not so much anymore. I've had footer demos (your Aurios and Wave Kinetics are still inhouse), had a footer shootout at another friend's on DACs, etc. My feeling is there can be a difference in sound but its not always good and the effects are possibly just different, not better. And I don't understand the physics and still can't from this thread.

Also, and probably the wrong thread to mention it vs your system thread, but it would seem a speaker upgrade like the Alexx or VSA equivalent or ? would have profound more sonic implications than six figures on racks and feet but that's a different topic for another day.

As MikeL would say, horses for courses. Good luck in the venture!

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    To each our own Keith. I can tell you that I was going to buy new speakers last year and yes either an Alexx or VSA however that all changed with the introduction of these feet into my system. In fact I can tell you that Leif from VSA has been to my house and heard my system at least 6 different times. After I put the feet in and he came back for a listen he said to me "that as much as I want to sell you one of our speakers there is no need now." FWIW Leif is an ardent user of the feet in his system

Really Keith you like to get your jabs in but with nothing to back up your postulate I would remind you what JackD said about these feet....something to the effect that these feet are the least expensive way of making a system upgrade. I don't understand the physics either but I do understand what I hear. Your loss Keith. Like you whenever I evaluate some new component I always ask myself is it something better or merely something different. These are truly something different. You are in this thread and I assume you have read countless users thoughts and they are universally the same. You can't make this stuff up Keith so yes "horses for courses"

Enjoy the rest of the day
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    USA Dealer of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! Leif S's Avatar
    All I have to say is it was different and better
    Leif Swanson
    Vice President, Sales and Marketing
    Designer

Von Schweikert Audio
    Global Distributor- MasterBuilt Audio Cables

My System

VSA Endeavor 5's, E-3MkII's, Audio Alchemy electronics, VAC IQ200 monoblocks, VAC Master Line Stage with Phono Pre, Kronos Pro with SCPS, Black Beauty Tone arm, ZYX cartridge, Lampizator, Aurender, MasterBuilt cables, J-corder open reel deck.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    I jest simply because you've said the same things before, Steve. I even bought your old Aurios after your Stillpoints "destroyed" them lol. Back then I was curious on such stuff, not so much anymore. I've had footer demos (your Aurios and Wave Kinetics are still inhouse), had a footer shootout at another friend's on DACs, etc. My feeling is there can be a difference in sound but its not always good and the effects are possibly just different, not better. And I don't understand the physics and still can't from this thread.

Also, and probably the wrong thread to mention it vs your system thread, but it would seem a speaker upgrade like the Alexx or VSA equivalent or ? would have profound more sonic implications than six figures on racks and feet but that's a different topic for another day.

As MikeL would say, horses for courses. Good luck in the venture!
    Keith,

I also no not fully understand the physics, although I know since long the Thermodynamics laws. There are many formulations of the second law, not just entropy, I will not try to debate here which seems to describe the behavior of the CS footers better, I have no time to dig in this challenging subject now.

But I have listened to the footers, and in my particular system I really enjoyed their action. They have now the status if of permanent devices.

BTW, IMHO the Alexx's should not be in the speaker list of anyone owning ML3's. And the only VSA that seems compatible with the ML3 is the VR-11SE MkII ... Steve, are you considering it?
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, Metronome Kalista / Kondo KSL DAC, Soundlab A1 Px's , EMT927, SME3012R, ARC Phono 3, ARC REF40, VTL Siegfried II, TA Opus MM2 speaker and signal, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

VR-11SE MkII ... Steve, are you considering it?
    Its actually the Ultra 11 now. Incredible speaker. I've heard it many times however the ML3 might not just drive the speaker even though it is high efficiency. The Ultra 11 also uses ceramic drivers and we saw how the ML3's began to gasp on Mike's 97 Db efficient speakers. For me the ML3's are keepers as are the LP1 and LL1. They form the heart of my system and the X2 is the beat of the heart and it sounds remarkably good with the feet in my system. They too are a permanent part of my system
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    USA Dealer of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Quote Originally Posted by Leif S View Post
    All I have to say is it was different and better
    I have heard your system before and now with the CS feet. The sound coming out of your system now Leif is like nothing I would have imagined. The bottom end on your system easily betters mine
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    ..........The Ultra 11 also uses ceramic drivers and we saw how the ML3's began to gasp on Mike's 97 Db efficient speakers.......
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

To each our own Keith. I can tell you that I was going to buy new speakers last year and yes either an Alexx or VSA however that all changed with the introduction of these feet into my system. In fact I can tell you that Leif from VSA has been to my house and heard my system at least 6 different times. After I put the feet in and he came back for a listen he said to me "that as much as I want to sell you one of our speakers there is no need now." FWIW Leif is an ardent user of the feet in his system

Really Keith you like to get your jabs in but with nothing to back up your postulate I would remind you what JackD said about these feet....something to the effect that these feet are the least expensive way of making a system upgrade. I don't understand the physics either but I do understand what I hear. Your loss Keith. Like you whenever I evaluate some new component I always ask myself is it something better or merely something different. These are truly something different. You are in this thread and I assume you have read countless users thoughts and they are universally the same. You can't make this stuff up Keith so yes "horses for courses"

Enjoy the rest of the day
    Steve, did you mean to write this? You wrote BETTER or DIFFERENT. You finished with DIFFERENT. Personally, I would rather have BETTER.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-22 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Q3, Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

yes

They are hugely better
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 276768697071727374757677