HECO Direkt Einklang / Zweiklang / Dreiklang

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Hi, I think the other ones you can consider are the horns Fp15 or fp10. They are from the same company as the universum though different sounding. However, they are very similar to the AN E in terms of looks and placement, and I think much better than the AN E. I have heard them with various SET amps at a friend's place. I think those who like AN E will like them and these are better. Joel of 6 moons also has a review on them if you want to do further reading

Have not been impressed with any of the hORNs speakers except the Universum, which is very good. However, I haven't heard these monitors...I would be inclined to go with JBL studio monitors though if going down that road.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Have not been impressed with any of the hORNs speakers except the Universum, which is very good. However, I haven't heard these monitors...I would be inclined to go with JBL studio monitors though if going down that road.

These are not to my liking but they are similar to AN E in looks and set up and similar style of sound but better. I have heard them doing very well what they do though I personally would go for a full horn like the universum but exlibris has different space requirements and tastes

Exlibris

Oct 7, 2015
Canada
systems.audiogon.com
These are not to my liking but they are similar to AN E in looks and set up and similar style of sound but better. I have heard them doing very well what they do though I personally would go for a full horn like the universum but exlibris has different space requirements and tastes

A distributor friend, whose ears I trust, is not a big fan of horns generally but he has heard the Universum and the Odeon horns at the Munich show and he likes them very much. He's been telling me about the Universum for a few years now. I do hope to hear both of these someday. There is a hORNS distributor locally but he's not planning on bring the Universum in.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland

Well, you know that the Universum is not a full horn, right? The bass is some kind of vented tapered tube. What I found amazing was that the bass driver is doing up to 350Hz or so and even firing at the floor it seems to blend well with the midrange horn. Not sure how they pulled off that trick...perhaps it shows up in the measurments but it was not obvious from the sound.

Exlibris

Oct 7, 2015
Canada
systems.audiogon.com
Well, you know that the Universum is not a full horn, right? The bass is some kind of vented tapered tube. What I found amazing was that the bass driver is doing up to 350Hz or so and even firing at the floor it seems to blend well with the midrange horn. Not sure how they pulled off that trick...perhaps it shows up in the measurments but it was not obvious from the sound.

No, I didn't know that.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Yes the bass works really neat though

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
how come a Heco Direct thread ends up discussing AN and Bastanis for 4 pages?
really stupid
anyone heard the Dreiklang since last posting?

Reactions: Lagonda

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing