Thread: Raven Black Night vs 301

Raven Black Night vs 301

Another my friend,he has 50 cartridges,including Blue Lace,Lumiere,Proteus,AT ART 1000,XV1T,Shilabe,he tell the best for him is ART 1000,

has Raven Black night with 4 arms,fr 64,fr 66,Ikea 407 and Raven,has also Garrard 301 modified in England with Plint of Artisan Fidelity and Ikea 407 and has also SP 10 mk II and SP 10 MK III

He want to sell Raven because told me has an hifi sound and music is not real,natural and dynamic like his 301

So really Schopper,301,Lenco,EMT,Torqueo,could be,are among the top of turntable?
    Why spend 30/40/50.000 euro if a lot of people are happy of this?

Regards

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Truth is people are not happy with one TT and arm. That's why irrespective of price points you see people carrying multiple stuff in analog, while this is a rarity in digital. Each analog component talks to you differently. David's tables are great examples, and at different price points, yours would be a similar example, as was the Reed, Feickert, Thales, and Pluto that Ron and I auditioned.

Schopper and PTP are very good at communicating, and another guy sold off his raven for PTP.

I will end up with one of them, compare to a Stabi M and a DD, and that would be it. Yes, you can get a very neutral TT in a high resolution, neutral system like Mike's but it is not easy to make it sing.

I sold all of my TTs in favor of my Artisan Fidelity 301. The 301 was a bit of an audio revelation for me. My reasoning is similar to what your friend noted.

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    Truth is people are not happy with one TT and arm. That's why irrespective of price points you see people carrying multiple stuff in analog, while this is a rarity in digital. Each analog component talks to you differently. David's tables are great examples, and at different price points, yours would be a similar example, as was the Reed, Feickert, Thales, and Pluto that Ron and I auditioned.
    Yes, I liked the Dr. Feickert. It was very musical and enjoyable sounding. But I think I was enjoying, at least partly, the warmth and richness of turntable resonance and suspension springing.

If I have to pick one component in the LP playback system to be truly neutral, I think I want the turntable to be the truly neutral component. Otherwise the rest of the system is amplifying distortions from the inception of the signal.
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000; tonearms: SME 3012R, Schröder LT; cartridges: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2, Air Tight Opus-1; tape: Studer A820 Mk II; phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse; line stage: VTL TL-7.5 Series III; amplifier: VTL Siegfried Series II; loudspeaker: Gryphon Pendragon; cables: MasterBuilt Ultra; stands: Vintage Audio Nothing racks, Herzan TS-140/Taiko Tana for Io, Stacore Basic+ for amps; power: Torus AVR60BAL; room: 19' wide X 24' long X 14' tall; acoustic treatment: ASC IsoThermal Tube Traps, Lumitex drapes

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    Yes, I liked the Dr. Feickert. It was very musical and enjoyable sounding. But I think I was enjoying, at least partly, the warmth and richness of turntable resonance and suspension springing.
    Ron owned a Dr Feickert Blackbird II --it was non suspended --were you referring to the platform the one you auditioned was placed on?

I do agree with your sonic observation though the brand is a warm and rich purveyor--VERY different from my Shindo Garrard

BruceD