Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sme 30/12 vs Lenco

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    I can't be any happier than with my 30/2 with a Coralstone!
    I'm completely content with the 30/2 as well. I think with my system setup, I might find an idler arm a bit thick sounding.
    SME 30/2 Turntable, Da Vinci Grandezza Tonearm, Benz MC-3 Cartridge, Allnic HT 3000 head amp, Allnic H-3000 Phono, Allnic L 5000 preamp, Accuphase F 25, Analysis Audio Epsilon Speaker/foil tweeters in four way active crossover Amplification: Sony TAN 8550 VFET amp (26 DHT preamp driver)350-7000hz, Yamaha B-2 VFET amplifier (26 DHT preamp driver)80-350hz , 45 SET tube amp 7000Hz to infinity Hz, Yamaha RX Z9 plus Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000 preamp processor 9.4 surround sound.

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    compare apples to apples then it will be a fair comparison.... Put the SME arm and Atlas on the Lenco or the arm/cart from the Lenco on the SME and it will be apples to apples......
    +1
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000; tonearms: SME 3012R, Schröder LT; cartridges: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2, Air Tight Opus-1; tape: Studer A820 Mk II; phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse; line stage: VTL TL-7.5 Series III; amplifier: VTL Siegfried Series II; loudspeaker: Gryphon Pendragon; cables: MasterBuilt Ultra; stands: Vintage Audio Nothing racks, Herzan TS-140/Taiko Tana for Io, Stacore Basic+ for amps; power: Torus AVR60BAL; room: 19' wide X 24' long X 14' tall; acoustic treatment: ASC IsoThermal Tube Traps, Lumitex drapes

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    Bruce, which tonearm do use with the Coralstone?
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000; tonearms: SME 3012R, Schröder LT; cartridges: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2, Air Tight Opus-1; tape: Studer A820 Mk II; phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse; line stage: VTL TL-7.5 Series III; amplifier: VTL Siegfried Series II; loudspeaker: Gryphon Pendragon; cables: MasterBuilt Ultra; stands: Vintage Audio Nothing racks, Herzan TS-140/Taiko Tana for Io, Stacore Basic+ for amps; power: Torus AVR60BAL; room: 19' wide X 24' long X 14' tall; acoustic treatment: ASC IsoThermal Tube Traps, Lumitex drapes

Some of the happiest audiophiles own SME front ends. SME is a prescription for long term satisfaction.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-22 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Q3, Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

I have a friend with sme 30/12 with V/12 and air tight supreme
    With Burmester 077 plus 911 and phono 100 speaker gryphon trident and is very happy with Sme

[WBF Founding Member]
    Pro Audio Production
    Member Sponsor[VIP/Donor]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    Bruce, which tonearm do use with the Coralstone?

It's the Series V with gold lettering....
    Bruce A. Brown
    Puget Sound Studios
    Stereomojo reviewer
    Seattle, WA

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by gian60 View Post
    One my friend has Sme 30/12 with Sme V/12 and Atlas
    Pre and amp stereo top Convergent and Tad R1
    Now bought also Lenco with a plint of 60 kg,all from Canada with Dynavector 507 and XV1T

He told me Sme with Atlas is more open and clean but he prefers Lenco because has more dynamic,more dense sound and sound seems more real
    Also 2 his friends prefer this Lenco.

I will go to listen next days
    Regards
    iirc you already have a TD 124 and soon a Torqueo so I think we know how you feel

Seriously though I have often mused that belt drive dominates the very entry-level of the market (easy to implement) and in many ways dominates the very tip of the top of the market (usually thread drive such as verdier/micro seiki/TD/AS etc..OK so there are all topologies at the top but in general...) however idler and direct drive seem to be the champions at getting top-end performance with (usually) a much lower tariff.
    Regards,
    Erik
    Solypsa Audio

Distributor in North America for
    Sensitive Sound MC Cartridges
    STST Turntables+Tonearms

Available for in home setup and calibration of fine turntable systems

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123