Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Aqua Formula - new upgrade, retrofittable!

Well, this is a very bold statement... Unfortunately, there are zero people on this forum, who have heard both.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abeidrov View Post
    Well, this is a very bold statement... Unfortunately, there are zero people on this forum, who have heard both.
    well, I did have the GG1 with the Tak recti and KR242's and all those upgrades for optimal GG1, and in my system i preferred the original Aqua Formula dac; both with the SGM server. the GG1 was formidable none the less and I highly recommend it if DHT and tubes floats your boat.

but I've not heard a GG2.
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

Addicted to Best!
    Hi, not yet. One of my Takatsuki tubes failed and blew off some resistor and fuses in the right channel of my amplifier. So I was without music for the last several days. Now it's been repaired, and I am burning in a new pair of the Takatsuki's.
    So I have 4 days to make a final decision including this weekend. The Formula got somewhat better, so I think it needs around 300 hours to be fully burned in.
    I can get a GG2 at a very attractive price, so now I am torn between Aqua and Lampi
    shame about your tube failure. I have the GG upgraded R2R, super clocks etc it does sound very good with 242s. Probably suit you as you know Lampi sound already.

Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Huh?

You yourself said you were having a hard time to choose between your L4 and the Formula. My statement was based off that. Please reread my statement. I know the GG and L4 well. I barely know the Formula. Based on your particular conundrum, I was showing you the most viable path I see. However, you will have to decide for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Huh?

You yourself said you were having a hard time to choose between your L4 and the Formula. My statement was based off that. Please reread my statement. I know the GG and L4 well. I barely know the Formula. Based on your particular conundrum, I was showing you the most viable path I see. However, you will have to decide for yourself.
    You may be right. But, having just read the review of Pacific in the 6 Moons magazine, I wonder if the difference between Aqua and GG2 is similar to the difference, that the reviewer found between the Pacific and his GG.

Anyone read the Aqua Formula XHD review in June Stereophile.
    I read on AA the measurements weren’t particularly impressive.
    Was it perhaps faulty?

I’m sure they’ll post the review online in the next week but just curious if Aqua replied to explain.

Cheers
    Blue58
    Sound Galleries Monaco Server 2015(Roon>Tidal>HQPlayer) > Sablon Audio Reserva Elite USB/Sablon Audio Reserva Ethernet > Aqua Formula XHD > Sablon Audio Reserva Interconnects > Java Triple Shot LDR pre > SupaNova45 DC SE amp > Sablon Audio Reserva speaker cables (pigtailed) > Avantgarde Duo Omega. Sablon Audio Reserva power cords throughout. HiFiMan Ananda, SR Blue fuses, Oyaide EE f/s2.0 V2 mains spurs, Akiko Audio tuning sticks, GIK Acoustic TriTraps/panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue58 View Post
    Was it perhaps faulty?

I’m sure they’ll post the review online in the next week but just curious if Aqua replied to explain.

Cheers
    Blue58
    I just checked the June Stereophile and there is no response to the review in the Manufacturers' Comments section.

Thanks Bill,
    An owner on CA says “Stereophile has a very bizarre review of this DAC this month.
    I do not recognize my DAC in that description.”
    Will wait for the online review to appear.
    Cheers
    Sound Galleries Monaco Server 2015(Roon>Tidal>HQPlayer) > Sablon Audio Reserva Elite USB/Sablon Audio Reserva Ethernet > Aqua Formula XHD > Sablon Audio Reserva Interconnects > Java Triple Shot LDR pre > SupaNova45 DC SE amp > Sablon Audio Reserva speaker cables (pigtailed) > Avantgarde Duo Omega. Sablon Audio Reserva power cords throughout. HiFiMan Ananda, SR Blue fuses, Oyaide EE f/s2.0 V2 mains spurs, Akiko Audio tuning sticks, GIK Acoustic TriTraps/panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue58 View Post
    Was it perhaps faulty?

Cheers
    Blue58
    @Blue58 - The referenced Stereophile review has just been posted online and it includes the measurements.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast