Italian top cable KURO

Chau

Feb 20, 2018
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Thank you Gentlemen for your encouragement :)
Now I have issue with imbalance, mismatch in my cable integration. I still have 2 Nordost Valhalla 2 Power cords, 2 Shunyata Sigma HC (high current) and one XLR MIT. I can say I am frustratedly waiting for all the Kuro to arrive: power cords (I am drooling reading reviews from Analyzer, Khun Tang, Gian, Hieukm... above about the improvement the KURO power cords, power distributor and grounding cables could bring to my system. The first impression after I put the new Kuro Speaker cables was great. But next days I realized as long as my system is not integrated I can't listen in peace :) Emiliano has too many orders so he is trying to please every customer (what a smart marketing scheme!) he makes one pair for each customer and tours around. I am sure I would have my full order to celebrate X'mas :eek:

Happy Sunday, Gentlemen.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Thank you Gentlemen for your encouragement :)
Now I have issue with imbalance, mismatch in my cable integration. I still have 2 Nordost Valhalla 2 Power cords, 2 Shunyata Sigma HC (high current) and one XLR MIT. I can say I am frustratedly waiting for all the Kuro to arrive: power cords (I am drooling reading reviews from Analyzer, Khun Tang, Gian, Hieukm... above about the improvement the KURO power cords, power distributor and grounding cables could bring to my system. The first impression after I put the new Kuro Speaker cables was great. But next days I realized as long as my system is not integrated I can't listen in peace :) Emiliano has too many orders so he is trying to please every customer (what a smart marketing scheme!) he makes one pair for each customer and tours around. I am sure I would have my full order to celebrate X'mas :eek:

Happy Sunday, Gentlemen.

Hello Chau,

You are mistaken. I am not using Kuro Power cords. So I can’t say how they are. I am still waiting for my Kuro Speaker cables to return back to me. Right now I am using cheap Ching Cheng Chinese power cords. My Siltech Tripple Crown’s are out. I hear pluses and minuses from both but to me these Chinese cheap power cords give me more realistic sound without enhancements and accentuations. My Tripple Crown’s are available for sales and you don’t even need to burn in. :D

Tang

Chau

Feb 20, 2018
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Hello Chau,

You are mistaken. I am not using Kuro Power cords. So I can’t say how they are. I am still waiting for my Kuro Speaker cables to return back to me. Right now I am using cheap Ching Cheng Chinese power cords. My Siltech Tripple Crown’s are out. I hear pluses and minuses from both but to me these Chinese cheap power cords give me more realistic sound without enhancements and accentuations. My Tripple Crown’s are available for sales and you don’t even need to burn in. :D

Tang

HI Khun Tang,

I was talking about Kuro users in general. Power cord users are Analyzer and Gian.

You will laugh at me for sure, reading the below lines :))

I just complained above about the sound not as good the next days... I just found out, due to how insanely stiff the cables are, how big the spades 4mm are, they are too big for my Magico's thing to lock in the spades so they automatically unscrewed by themselves. This results the bad sound LOL. Women should not play with mechanical and electrical things, for sure :)

It was the woman's hands (my tiny hands) that screwed in the spades. So now I just asked the technician with his special pliers to help me screw in properly, for tightest connection, lock.

Don't laugh at me too hard, please ... hee..heee

PS: I have high hope for the Kuro power cords so I wish you good luck selling your Triple Crown :)

Last edited:

Verdier

Oct 7, 2018
I hope the Kuro owners and users are happy .... I'm not - I'm still waiting for my Kuro .... :(

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Chau, we love you!

My girlfriend has tiny hands too, but the grip of an assassin (or so she threatens as I talk about buying YET more pricey gear).

I believe Ked is working out in the gym right now to be your Man Friday.
Just make sure you always serve him dessert first.

dzdzdzln

Oct 14, 2017
Hello Chau,

Tang
which Chinese power cord?SO interested

jig_sg

May 20, 2016
Those connectors are the same as the old Audioquest WEL Signature RCA plugs, and old Wild Blue Yonder XLR (except with gold dipped parts instead of silver).

Fantastic connectors, but I’ve never seen them anywhere but on AQ cables. I thought AQ designed them for their own exclusive use.

I believe they were supplied to AQ by Bocchino. I remember seeing WEL on Bocchino's webpage of manufacturers who used their connectors.

whistleraudio

Jan 6, 2015
I am intrigued by the connectors from Bocchino. Since we have a new tonearm cable in the works, we are looking at several top end offerings when it comes to connectors. Up to to now we have been using WBT 052. (We have not had a single plug-failure, and we have used 100s of them.) The only thing that worries me regarding the Bocchinos for a tonearm cable is their huge mass, and possibly resulting eddy currents due to this. The Bocchinos are radically different from the WBT Nextgen or the Bullet plugs. It is a big advantage however, that the Bocchinos are solderless. Think I will have to shoot Bocchino an email to discuss it...

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Emiliano the creator of Kuro asked me if I could write up my experience with his Kuro cable. Normally I get discouraged when a manufacturer asks me to write about his product but this is a good find. The cable was introduced to me by Gian. I have been having Kuro for about a year in my system. Every pieces of my gears are connected by Kuro SilverGold except from tone arms to phonos.

What do I get from Kuro? I get the highest level of clarity and every minuscule details I could possibly obtain from my gears. Kuro cables make the air in my room and the air of recording venue become one. Sound from instrument does not pop out from darkness like many uber cables. There is no darkness from it if I don't turn off the light. Music just radiates in front of me. Kuro does not increase the width, the depth, the size of singer or instrument. Whatever gear I use, it just exhibits the dna of that gear in term of size and staging. Its utter clarity makes instruments and vocal sounds distinct, dimensional, articulate, and vivid. I don't get any more mids or any more bass. Mids do not get denser. I do get extraordinary highs. Bonzo said BD5 has the best highs but he has not heard my system for a year and my system is now in another place. My highs and clarity cannot be at this level without Kuro SilverGold and platinum Bochino connectors. I like sound that is energetic, exhibit natural contrast, raw, no smoothen out anything, no enhanced dynamic, no artificially organization of sound and no homogeneity. My 3012Rs do that. My AS2000 does that. My Lamm's do that. My EMT phonos do that. My Ching Cheng's do that. And my Kuro's keep them just that.

The down side of Kuro SilverGold is its stiffness and weight. The cable put a lot of stress on equipment female connectors. Flexibility is not a feature. Although one would experience a different level of clarity right out of the box, it took me six months to really hear all its potential.

I would recommend this cable to people who has tube base system more than the SS. Imo, SS like CH is already unbelievable in portraying every minuscule details almost like a super high resolution snapshot, using this cable in this kind of system would only strengthen that further.

Kind regards,
Tang

Last edited:

Site7000

Jul 16, 2011
That was one of the clearest and most useful cable reviews I've read. Thank you, Tang!

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
@gian60 or anybody who has bought from him recently - Do you have a current email address for Emiliano?
Just curious: which lenght do you need?
Sometimes I'll think to replace my Kuro speaker cables (copper solid core, not the top silver-gold ones; 5 meters) but in the end the most manufacturers don't provide cables more than 3 meters for their products, and last but not least... 4 meters (minimum for my needs) means a lot of money in the High End world.
Here why I kept the Kuro.
All the best
Marco

HollywoodAmps

Nov 25, 2022
Just curious: which lenght do you need?
Sometimes I'll think to replace my Kuro speaker cables (copper solid core, not the top silver-gold ones; 5 meters) but in the end the most manufacturers don't provide cables more than 3 meters for their products, and last but not least... 4 meters (minimum for my needs) means a lot of money in the High End world.
Here why I kept the Kuro.
All the best
Marco
Marco,

5 meters can work for me. Thanks - Chris

HollywoodAmps

Nov 25, 2022
Happy to report that my Kuro cables arrived from Europe. I installed them between my pre-amp and power amp. I thought that the resolution of my system was excellent, but the Kuro cables, RCAs, revealed even more detail. I will share a photo of the system this week. Please, as I think this topic slowed down during the pandemic, I hope that we can keep discussions going on Emiliano and his cables.

Reactions: ChrisTaiwan

aceofs

Jan 26, 2023
I want to speak about this italian company producing cable since 30 years named KURO
This cable are made with copper 7N solid core with Mu Metal inside to shade and with alpha gel to stop the vibration
Use the jack of Bocchino and the cable are screw to the jack and not solder to avoid lost.
this are some of characteristic of this cable.

I am changing all my cable with this.
I have MIT MAX PHONO and trying this phono i found much better in everything,for example
For amp i have CH Precision cable and this are better with CH electronics.
Also for power are very special

Fantastic are also the power distribution using ATL Audio Grade schuko,all made with Ergal and bronze,cable copper 7N solid core screwed and with alpha gel to cancel vibration.

Price very cheap against top cable,buying directly from https://cbdshop.club

I post some photos
Regards
Gianluigi
italian TOP? hmmm those two words dont really go together unless ur talking about prosecco haha

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing