Joining the Giya Family!

kleinbje

Dec 20, 2012
CT
Hi All

I recently purchased some used G3's and expect delivery next week. These are dream come true speakers and I cant remember being this excited for a physical object in a long time. It brings me back to my teens where I'd sit in a Barnes&Noble for hours looking through all of the audio mags and drinking Boylans Black cherry. I'd be there for hours wishing I could have a stereo like the ones I was reading about.(at 16 didn't not seem remotely possible) The room is 11.5*13.5*7.5. Looking for set up and placement suggestions. Spike's etc. Also curious about the included jumper quality, as I hear space is tight under the speaker. Naim Super lumina speaker Cables.

View attachment 34801 IMG_4207.jpg

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Great choice in speaker! I think you will be very pleased with your new Giya G3's. In a room of your size, i suspect you may have to toe -in the speakers considerably. Also, room acoustic treatments would most likely be highly beneficial once you have your new speakers. I would consider a straight ahead set-up initially and then experiment with toe-in. The straight ahead set-up might work well, or you may find that significant toe-in will be better. On another thread, the new Giya Spirits were found to work best with severe toe-in. ( in the particular room that they were being auditioned). Good luck and great speaker!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I have always liked the Giya´s sound, particularly with DartZeel electronics, but your Naim set-up will surely be up to the task! Keep us updated on your findings.

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
congratulations ..... marvelous speakers
Spikes , rubber feet or castors , makes very little difference , use whats convenient to you (according to Vivids boss man)
The links are as good as anything else , same links as my G1's and my G1 spirits , I think they are the same wire used internally which is van den hul .
Positioning is taste and room size dependent.. my pal with G3's has them well into the room , about 8ft apart , toed in so they "cross over" about a ft from his face and he listens 6 ft from the speakers, quite nearfield
They will reveal any changes you make downstream , my pal uses a Devialet 120 with them
I would spend more time positioning them and spend more money on room treatments than fiddling with the electronics used to drive them...

kleinbje

Dec 20, 2012
CT
On their way, just a few more days. I can't wait. In my room if I do 8 feet apart I will be closer than the recommended .8M to the side walls. Also that seems like a lot of toe in, I'll need to experiment. Keep the advice coming.

Jeff

IMG_0713.jpg

kleinbje

Dec 20, 2012
CT
Getting to know them, very nice so far. IMG_4324_zpsilxmquow.jpg

Attachments

• vivid.jpg
    vivid.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 222
  • vivid.jpg
    vivid.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 217

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
So what do you think so far?
I definitely think you need more toe in tho...

kleinbje

Dec 20, 2012
CT
They are spectacular. I will still need to experiment with positioning, when adjusting toe in Rodney what should I pay attention to to know when I've reached the sweet spot.
The ceiling mount is a bitch on the back to install but in the long run makes vacuuming easier.;)

I have been listening to a bunch of records tonight and none have sounded remotely close to what I am hearing now. Stones SF German OP, Uncle Tupelo Sundazed LP Comp, Faces A Nod is...UK First Pressing, and Radiohead OKNOTOK LP 3. The separation, the pin point imaging, the dynamic acceleration, the grab your attention factor. Looking forward to spending more time.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I've never seen the Giyas ceiling mounted before.

Very creative placement!! ;)

Imaging must be very weird though! ;)

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
Klein , look/listen for the position that detaches the music from the speakers..you will get pinpoint imaging with a broad and wide soundstage , left to right and front and back..you should be able to place any instrument in 3d space.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing