My favorite car ...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
...If only I could afford it ? http://www.bugatti.com/chiron/

Sales (Base = $2.7 million USD)

"The first 200 Chirons were sold before the first delivery of the car. The base price is €2,400,000 (US$2,700,000 at the August 2016 exchange rate), and buyers are required to place a €200,000 (US$226,000 at the August 2016 exchange rate) deposit on the car before retrieving it."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugatti_Chiron
_____

_____

Bonus:

Don't get me wrong; I really like the new 2018 Toyota Camry (great new design style, in & out, fuel economy and very very affordable...anyone can buy one tomorrow morning, and in any color), but I simply prefer the 2018 Bugatti Chiron (Burgundy). It just has more ... overall panache. :b

Yes I know, there are only six members here @ WBF who can afford one, but won't buy one for various reasons.

This is not a thread about global warming, so feel free to share your favorite wish car. ...The best of the best, only.
_____

Extra ($13 million USD):

Now, those are more common on our streets, and that last one is right around my neighborhood (Whistler Blackcomb, North of Vancouver, B.C.):

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I wonder what the insurance costs on a $13M car!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I wonder what the insurance costs on a $13M car!

? http://www.automobile.com/rolls-royce.html

"Surprisingly, these cars are not the most expensive cars to insure. That dubious honor goes to Aston Martin. However, with an average annual insurance cost of $2,734.20, Rolls-Royce vehicles are ranked second on a list of 36 brands. They cost a pretty penny to insure, but you should be able to afford it with ease if you can afford to buy one of these luxurious cars."

Some sport convertible vintage cars can cost more to insure. $3,000 is peanuts. My own car costs much less than $13 million, and it still costs almost half of that Rolls-Royce to insure!
Insurance companies in some countries/provinces/states are like companies selling cures for cancer. I should start a thread someday about the most expensive car insurance companies in Canada, USA, UK, France, Russia, GB, Germany and Italy. It's a vast area where without competition the poor gets poorer and the rich richer...an inequality of extreme disproportions.
But still, it is within three and four digits. In my estimation; between roughly $300/year and $6,000/year...depending on many things and principally of the geography and of the monopoly, and the full enchilada maximum coverage, plus extra...like flooding and earthquakes and volcanoes and tornadoes. There is a lot of fake boosting charges here. Some provinces/states they need to feed a lot of people from the establishment. It's almost like working for the mafia. :b
Yeah, this would be a great subject for a new thread.

But for now I'd stick with our favorite cars (sports, luxurious, comfy, powerful, gas, electric, hybrid, ...) from all prices between zero (gift from Mom) and $40 million (Bugatti 1936).

The brand new Rolls Sweptail @ $13 million seems to be the most expensive car so far in car's history. Me I think she's ugly, she looks like an inflatable boat that would sink on a lake with all that extra weight. If you dissect it under the scalpel, like an autopsy, and starts adding all the parts together plus the time and money invested to develop it (she is truly ugly), I bet some of us would find the $13 million price tag a little bit exaggerated (overpriced). But it's ok because the real customers of the R-R Sweaptail don't have that contemplation in their mind; they just have to have it...Abu Dhabi, Dubai, ...all that jazz.

Yesterday I watched few videos about the people who buy the Bugattis. They are not from this planet, from this forum; they are living in another world where common mortals are uncommon. :b

This guy here has many friends and videos about Bugatti cars and palaces (that is his sister below):

You can tell that some questions concerning the world's poorest countries and people are not crossing his mind for one second.
After watching a dozen videos of his you'll get the hang of it.
And you have also the car shows, racing, extravaganza (just like in auto and audio and video) in America, Germany, Italy, France, Monaco, French Riviera, etc.

Hey, some princes and kings pay millions of dollars for car plates with their favorite numbers (000-001).
_____

It's not the most expensive car to insure Gary. And for the people who are the customers that question simply doesn't enter the equation.
The two questions they have are:
1. Will it fit inside my learjet?
2. Will it fit inside my yacht?

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/810539/Rolls-Royce-Sweptail-bespoke-cars
_____

So, what's your favorite car?

Rob181

Oct 1, 2014
I am a HUGE Porsche fan - but this thing has got under my skin - now for that Lotto win :):)

1543788605942.png

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010

16hz lover

Aug 2, 2013
After getting to drive an Aston Martin Vantage, it quickly became my dream car. Luxurious interior, smooth comfortable ride, and at 5K rpm the engine transformation went from Cadillac to a Formula car sound. A car you could drive across the country and feel fresh upon arrival.

Rob181

Oct 1, 2014
Road variant of the latest Ford GT - originally purpose built to win Le Mans - which it did (in its category) exactly 50 years after the originals Ford GT won Le Mans outright.

jn229

Jul 23, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
When I read 'My Favorite Car', I immediately thought of a 55 chev, boy was I off.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
The Bugatti, Ferrari, Pagani, McLaren Koenigsegg and Lambo are all beautiful cars. They are just so damn uncomfortable to drive and get in and out of..... Just like the Panigale V4 I just rode last week. BEAUTIFUL Masterpiece to ride...... for 10 minutes!!!

Reactions: Folsom

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
..are those with wing doors.

3D50C398-B4E5-4A16-8717-E204FC2E0C43.jpeg

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
The seat looks like a baby bucket seat that you strap on top of a normal seat.
And I wouldn't put my soda pop in that door compartment.

* Is this a Red Tesla Roadster? ...Like the one Elon propelled onto space.

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
The Ford GT comes in a close second for me, top spot being it's forebear, the GT40..

Good call Rob181..

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The seat looks like a baby bucket seat that you strap on top of a normal seat.
And I wouldn't put my soda pop in that door compartment.

* Is this a Red Tesla Roadster? ...Like the one Elon propelled onto space.
It looks like a seat but actually a door sill. I dont follow car much. Does it look like a Tesla? This is a McLaren.
The Bugatti, Ferrari, Pagani, McLaren Koenigsegg and Lambo are all beautiful cars. They are just so damn uncomfortable to drive and get in and out of..... Just like the Panigale V4 I just rode last week. BEAUTIFUL Masterpiece to ride...... for 10 minutes!!!

Not really for the Lambo, Ferrari and McLaren. People do daily with these cars here in Bangkok traffic. The new ones are quite comfortable.

Tang :)

Reactions: Bruce B

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I like the wing doors!

That's one of my main complaints about coupes and sports cars, including my own. Long doors are a PITA to get in and out of. Tilting up like that makes it easier I'm sure.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing