Torus RM20 or Audioquest Niagara 5000

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
I currently use a Torus RM-15 and Niagara 1000. I would like to go to one Power conditioner. My options are the Niagara 5000 or Torus RM-20. Any thoughts on what's the best option?

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
I have 3 dedicated ac lines with no power conditioner

I use a 1000 on the dac, upsampler and 3 computer/network sources and it was a huge improvement. Never felt the need for power conditioner. Have u tried with it?

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
I had three different electrician come to my house and all of them said it wasn't worth the trouble of adding dedicated lines. My options are status quo, Torus RM-20, or the Audioquest Niagara 5000. Unless someone has other suggestions under 5k?

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
went off grid years ago Solar panels & PV inverter with battery storage
rock solid AC power for better sound & the hifi can play in a power cut
small system 500/1000watts installed for $1000 much lower THD emc/rfi than the mains
& PV inverter has a transformer output for better isolation & with App to control system from my phone
seen one from living voice at munich show used to supply $1.6m uber system

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
I had three different electrician come to my house and all of them said it wasn't worth the trouble of adding dedicated lines. My options are status quo, Torus RM-20, or the Audioquest Niagara 5000. Unless someone has other suggestions under 5k?

Every electrician I have ever meet doesn't understand audio needs...disregard them

Reactions: Ron Resnick

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
I purchased a Torus RM-20.

Reactions: Viper

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
I have had some good power filters like Acustic Revive (old version), Bybee Steulth, and Lessloss. In the end I bought a Torus AVR16 because I am in Europe and for me it is the end of the game.
But If my system was less powerfull and my wallet more full, I should have tried their PS1230. It is never talked about but 2 friends of mine use the Accuphase PS serie in their systems and the "before and after" test is impressive in sonic results. The build quality is out of this world.

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
In my system, going from the Torus RM-15 to the RM-20 is so obviously more detailed that anyone can hear it. Now, to be honest I added the RM-20 and a Shunyata Research SR-Z1 AC Outlet simultaneously. I don't know if it's the combination of both or the additional headroom provided by the RM-20? Something*has enabled my system to breath a little more. Whatever it is, I'm smiling!

Reactions: Viper

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
Every electrician I have ever meet doesn't understand audio needs...disregard them

Yes. When I asked my long-term electrician to run dedicated lines to my system, he said, "OK, if you insist." Then I gave him the cable I wanted him to use (JPS Power AC In-Wall cable) and he rolled his eyes. After he finished, he told me that they were a pleasure to work with and made for the easiest work.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
I believe rockitman uses 2 RM20's, one on each monoblock

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing