Bugatti Veyron - must have it

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
Among the stipulations in Bugatti’s ownership contract for the Veyron are:

Mandatory annual maintenance at a cost of $21,000
Mandatory tire changes at 2,500 miles ($33,000)
Mandatory rim replacement at 10,000 miles ($50,000)
Mandatory monthly detailing ($10,000)
Immediate manufacturer-approved repair of any mechanical defect or damage (5 to 7 figures depending on extent)
Gold-plated comprehensive auto insurance (about $4000/mo)
Maximum of 1600 miles (2000km) added to the odometer annually.
Manufacturer and insurer approval for any additional driver.

SWEET, makes audio appear inexpensive. Must purchase 3 Bugatti Veyrons ASAP so I can drive 4800 miles per year; daily driver without breaking contract.

zz.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Many of those are related to safety. Yet of coarse it makes one curious why they don't say give you an option for rim replacement with something that costs less and doesn't degrade... there's plenty of more powerful cars using the same wheels driven all year without fear of problems.

They might be able to charge me for some of those things if I bought one, but getting me to say bring it in each month for detailing, additional driver provision, or controlling the miles drive per year? I'd tree it if they started bothering me about that stuff that I wouldn't comply with... May pull a Walter W. on it. I pay for it, it's mine.

Last edited:

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
Folsom, when you write "I'd tree it", does that mean you would wrap it around a stout tree trunk? I saw a medium size truck hit an 8" tree; killed driver & passenger.
Also, "Walter W. on it." ?

Best to you,
zz.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Where would one drive one of these things? The roads here will mess it up quickly. I'll keep the model S

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I thought my AMG was bad. I'm sure Christian could weigh in on his annual costs!!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
My SLS maintainance cost is less than a thousand dollars a year. But thats maybe because I dont drive very often.

Tang

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
The problem is that a Veyron can easily generate a bill of £100,000 for an annual service. I’ve got a Ferrari Enzo in here now and the biggest service is £1400.

Most Veyrons are treated as showpieces by their owners, though, so finding a low-mileage example in excellent condition isn’t difficult. “The highest-mileage Veyron I know of is a 2006 car that’s done 26,000 miles,” observes Hartley. Most, however, tend to have fewer than 5000 miles on the clock.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/used-car-buying-guides/how-buy-used-bugatti-veyron

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Among the stipulations in Bugatti’s ownership contract for the Veyron are:

Mandatory annual maintenance at a cost of $21,000
Mandatory tire changes at 2,500 miles ($33,000)
Mandatory rim replacement at 10,000 miles ($50,000)
Mandatory monthly detailing ($10,000)
Immediate manufacturer-approved repair of any mechanical defect or damage (5 to 7 figures depending on extent)
Gold-plated comprehensive auto insurance (about $4000/mo)
Maximum of 1600 miles (2000km) added to the odometer annually.
Manufacturer and insurer approval for any additional driver.

SWEET, makes audio appear inexpensive. Must purchase 3 Bugatti Veyrons ASAP so I can drive 4800 miles per year; daily driver without breaking contract.

zz.

This is not far off from FM Acoustics' Manuel Huber's MO. He has checked into potential customer's occupations and has not 'approved' buyers based on this.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
' stupid is as stupid does '

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

This is a status symbol car and all this add to the mystique and the cachet of the car. IOW you must be wealthy to own it. Not a simple hard working high earner. No! Wealthy! And there are people lining up to buy this car. Most of those people cannot handle its performance. Actually many people buy cars they can't handle ( a plethora of cars with automatic transmissions do sub 5 sec 0 to 60) but I digress ..

Now I wonder how do they enforce the terms of the contract.. I get it for the mandatory Gold-plated insurance perhaps the tires and rims changes and perhaps the additional driver (s) which can be tied to the insurance in some ways but for the rest???? What will they do if a person, remember a very wealthy person, decides to drive less than the "mandatory" 1600 miles? Send a letter? Confiscate the car? .. threaten with a Lawsuit? Revoke the warranty? Raise their insurance premium?

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
Then they wont stamp your service book and we all know cars without a full service history dont sell as well :)

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Then they wont stamp your service book and we all know cars without a full service history dont sell as well :)

I lease my cars, and once delivered, unless there is a VERY specific reason to be back to the dealer, they never see the car again until it is returned. I don't have to worry about selling it when I'm done.

I cannot be bothered with their shenanigans. I have no time or desire to screw around with a car. There are much better things do do---like listen to music in my spare time.

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
Yeh .. I sold all my cars and UBER everywhere.. no more car shenanigans for me either..it's quite liberating

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I thought my AMG was bad. I'm sure Christian could weigh in on his annual costs!!

Ferrari.. First 7 years....free annual maintenance...Oil, fluids, filters. 3 year bumper to bumper warranty.
A 2 year full warranty extension for a total of 5 years is $10k for V8's. Just bought the two year extension last fall for the 458. If you track much brake pads are an issue. $6k for the pads (4) alone. Cheap compared to the Bugatti apparently...lol.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Frantz, it's 1600 miles or LESS.

Good point Rodney. They're trying to make sure the car is always generating 100k euro's or so a year to offset their cost situation. At the start of the sale of each car they "lose" 6 million dollars I think (not clear USA, euro, or durham) because of how much it cost for R&D and production tooling but it evens out or makes money after selling a lot of them. They could, literally, just sell the cars for a lot more money instead of trying to make money on the back end like regular car dealers like to do, it would make no difference to the people that can afford one.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Frantz, it's 1600 miles or LESS.

Good point Rodney. They're trying to make sure the car is always generating 100k euro's or so a year to offset their cost situation. At the start of the sale of each car they "lose" 6 million dollars I think (not clear USA, euro, or durham) because of how much it cost for R&D and production tooling but it evens out or makes money after selling a lot of them. They could, literally, just sell the cars for a lot more money instead of trying to make money on the back end like regular car dealers like to do, it would make no difference to the people that can afford one.

I didn't catch that one. So, no Miami to LA road trips then... I'll have to use the Prius instead :D

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I'm almost certain you would run out of gas several times on a few stretches anyways.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing