Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Transport to Spin Red book CD's

Addicted to Best!

Transport to Spin Red book CD's

I have been using Auralic Aries for almost two years now, feeding the music files stored in a dedicated NAS to Lampizator GG Balanced. However, last week, I borrowed 47Labs Flatfish transport from a close friend just to test. We selected the same album and played it both.

Here is the result:

47Labs makes an impression of faster speed, rhythm and livelier..We tested several albums, the result is always the same..compared to 47Labs, Aries sounded a bit dull and not so real.

Thus, I will be looking for a good transport to pair with my GG. There are a few options:

1. Wadia 7
    2. Forsell Air Reference
    3. CEC TL1x
    4. Metronome transport
    5. Or the new Auralic Aries G2

Anyone has the experience with above transport so far? Please share.

The plus side of adding a good transport is, more friends will come for audition because in my circle, only one or two are using music streamer.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    You can try to upgrade your streamer. The esoteric 01, 02, and 03 transports are excellent, and I have heard them many times into the GG. The CEC is good too
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    You can try to upgrade your streamer. The esoteric 01, 02, and 03 transports are excellent, and I have heard them many times into the GG. The CEC is good too
    Actually I am eyeing on the Wadia 7 but the laser lens pickup is rare and hard to find. CEC is also another option. I have never heard about Esoteric so far. How was your impression?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrox View Post
    Actually I am eyeing on the Wadia 7 but the laser lens pickup is rare and hard to find. CEC is also another option. I have never heard about Esoteric so far. How was your impression?
    I love their transport. I don't like their playback (internal dac at all, though it improves substantially with the external clock). Lukas will also tell you that the esoteric is possibly his favorite transport. I don't know the Wadia.

Personally am not going to use a disc transport because if I am going to get up, it will be to change vinyl
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Addicted to Best!
    I love their transport. I don't like their playback (internal dac at all, though it improves substantially with the external clock). Lukas will also tell you that the esoteric is possibly his favorite transport. I don't know the Wadia.

Personally am not going to use a disc transport because if I am going to get up, it will be to change vinyl
    LOL..I put all my rigs on the side except for the amp. So getting up is easy. I read Lukasz's comment on FB..compared to Wadia 7, other transports are like toys. I will have to find that link again.

Blog Entries
    LOL..I put all my rigs on the side except for the amp. So getting up is easy. I read Lukasz's comment on FB..compared to Wadia 7, other transports are like toys. I will have to find that link again.
    Oh really? Interesting.

Addicted to Best!
    Oh really? Interesting.
    Yup..I definitely read that comment.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    I have been using Auralic Aries for almost two years now, feeding the music files stored in a dedicated NAS to Lampizator GG Balanced. However, last week, I borrowed 47Labs Flatfish transport from a close friend just to test. We selected the same album and played it both.

Here is the result:

47Labs makes an impression of faster speed, rhythm and livelier..We tested several albums, the result is always the same..compared to 47Labs, Aries sounded a bit dull and not so real.

Thus, I will be looking for a good transport to pair with my GG. There are a few options:

1. Wadia 7
    2. Forsell Air Reference
    3. CEC TL1x
    4. Metronome transport
    5. Or the new Auralic Aries G2

Anyone has the experience with above transport so far? Please share.

The plus side of adding a good transport is, more friends will come for audition because in my circle, only one or two are using music streamer.
    1. The Forsell Air Reference is very good transport, spacious, nice warm sounding - but perhaps a tube DAC needs more detail and slam. Do nor get the first versions - the mk3 was the one to own.

2. CEC TLX-1 - great treble, delicate and airy. Deep, articulate bass. Could sound lean in some DACs.

3. Metronome Kalista/Calypso - an exceptional transport. Unique scale and dynamics, makes digital flow. Very natural sounding.

Unfortunately I never listened to a GG, please take it as a general comment.
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, Metronome Kalista / Kondo KSL DAC, Soundlab A1 Px's , EMT927, SME3012R, ARC Phono 3, ARC REF40, VTL Siegfried II, TA Opus MM2 speaker and signal, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    1. The Forsell Air Reference is very good transport, spacious, nice warm sounding - but perhaps a tube DAC needs more detail and slam. Do nor get the first versions - the mk3 was the one to own.

2. CEC TLX-1 - great treble, delicate and airy. Deep, articulate bass. Could sound lean in some DACs.

3. Metronome Kalista/Calypso - an exceptional transport. Unique scale and dynamics, makes digital flow. Very natural sounding.

Unfortunately I never listened to a GG, please take it as a general comment.
    Thanks a lot..will do.

I have had a CEC TL1X during more than 15 years. It is a great player (analog like) and built like a tank. However, I would go one level higher i.e. the CEC TL0X. This player is just in another league.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast