Thread: DMA-240 vs DMA-180

DMA-240 vs DMA-180

Hi all,

I have a new 240 for offer with 30% off from Retail price. Still quite some money. My 180 is driving the Sasha Series 2 nicely and the 240 has less power. Can't compare A/B and the offer stands for just some days... what are your thoughts? Do it, don't do it? Is the Power of 240 enough for the power hungry Sasha 2?

Any opinion welcome...
    Best Console

VIP/Donor [WBF Founding Member] ack's Avatar
    New 240? As in new from a dealer? Then take his demo home to compare. Or 'new' as in 'used' but it was new last week? If that, then the owner clearly doesn't like it
    Analog: VPI Aries 3, custom isolation/Magnetically stabilized JMW 10.5i/Ortofon A90/Modded & shielded Pass XP-25 Digital: Spectral 3000SL/Heavily modded Alpha DAC Amplification: Spectral DMC-30SV/DMA-500AR Speakers: Heavily modded MartinLogan (custom Mundorf xover, cabling, woofers; structural mods)/Modded REL Cabling: Shielded MIT Oracle 50ic,MA-X/Oracle 90.1 Power: MIT Z-Strips, Magnum Z-Traps; Shunyata Black Mamba CX HC cords, Typhon
    System link WBF

Addicted to Best!
    If you cannot compare the two amps then keep the DMA 180 that has been recently serviced. The DMA-180 was and still is a great amp.

Can anyone comment on the DMA-240? If I'm not concerned about balanced, then I'm assuming this is the amp to get instead of the extra up-charge for the 280. I'm surprised to see hardly any posts on the 240. Thank you.
    Gene
    Ontario, Canada
    Electronics: Spectral DMC-30 SS2, Pass Labs XA100.5 monoblocks, Luxman DA-06 Dac; Aurender N100 streamer
    Speakers: Dynaudio Confidence C2 Signature
    Cables: Spectral ic and speaker cable; JPS/AudioSensibility power cords; Furutech receptacles; AudioSensibilty Power Centre (modified)