Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: what would YOU choose over Artisan Fidelity?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitely baffled View Post
    I'm in the uk

The Voyd was the stuff of legend when I was going through the ranks.
    I'm not familiar with the Saskia , I'll do some research.
    Thank you for your input
    You wont find much info about Saskia. You might find them at Shows. You will only find best room, best sound at show, with Saskia in that room kind of info. I was interested in the turntable at one point and asked Marc Gomez who sold a SAT to one of Saskia customer for the contact of the creator of Saskai, but I never contacted him though.

Kind regards,
    Tang

I'm in the uk

The Voyd was the stuff of legend when I was going through the ranks.
    I'm not familiar with the Saskia , I'll do some research.
    Thank you for your input
    This guy has some truly high end stuff for sale - not only that he happens to know from experience what he is talking about.

http://unique-audio.co.uk/used/turntables/

I understand that everyone gets very excited about the SP10 Mk3 - that said DD'd do not begin and end with the Technics - check this out:
    http://www.oocities.org/de/bc1a69/museum_eng.html

I recall a thread in which one of the guys from Lyra commented that he actually prefers the Sony TTS. I recall it has something to do with the way the speed control is not so intrusive as per the technics - I am not qualified to comment save for the fact that amongst my 'projects' is a Sony TTS 8000. Also do a search for a chap called Richard Krebs - he modifies DD bearings and apparently they do wonders - he has a real understanding of DD decks.

BTW - I love the level of bass that you want - I have images of the Guiness advert with the Leftfield music and the horses jumping from the water.

Read jcarrs contribution on this thread - I hop WBF are ok with this link - I just found it to be a superb forum contribution by a respected pro:
    https://forum.audiogon.com/discussio...=338214#338214

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loheswaran View Post
    This guy has some truly high end stuff for sale - not only that he happens to know from experience what he is talking about.

http://unique-audio.co.uk/used/turntables/

I understand that everyone gets very excited about the SP10 Mk3 - that said DD'd do not begin and end with the Technics - check this out:
    http://www.oocities.org/de/bc1a69/museum_eng.html

I recall a thread in which one of the guys from Lyra commented that he actually prefers the Sony TTS. I recall it has something to do with the way the speed control is not so intrusive as per the technics - I am not qualified to comment save for the fact that amongst my 'projects' is a Sony TTS 8000. Also do a search for a chap called Richard Krebs - he modifies DD bearings and apparently they do wonders - he has a real understanding of DD decks.

BTW - I love the level of bass that you want - I have images of the Guiness advert with the Leftfield music and the horses jumping from the water.
    Just spent an hour looking through those links....thank you very much ☺

I think I managed to lose a number of contributors with that description of the type of bass I was looking for...glad some body got it ��

I should have just linked to this

analogueAF 301 statement / ikeda it407 / vdh colibri xgw plus kodo the beat prewavac prt1
    powerboulder 2060, 1008 phono spkrsfocal stella utopia em3 subsfour velodyne dd18+ in stereo bass stacks digitalyba cd1 delta 3box rackartesania esoteric
    interconnectsentreq atlantis grounding entreq olympus tellus
    dedicated mains straps for all components
    room treatmentvicoustic victotem behind speakers

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Hullooo XV-1

The problem is that to audition either would involve transatlantic travel...which as a cannabis user is something I'm truly not a big fan of. If it were to visit Boulder that might not be an issue...but AF are based in the mid west, if I recall?
    It is legal in Oregon as well

Quote Originally Posted by jtinn View Post
    It is legal in Oregon as well

Roll on the outbreak of common sense...will be amazing when it finally reaches the U of K
    analogueAF 301 statement / ikeda it407 / vdh colibri xgw plus kodo the beat prewavac prt1
    powerboulder 2060, 1008 phono spkrsfocal stella utopia em3 subsfour velodyne dd18+ in stereo bass stacks digitalyba cd1 delta 3box rackartesania esoteric

Quote Originally Posted by Loheswaran View Post
    Read jcarrs contribution on this thread - I hop WBF are ok with this link - I just found it to be a superb forum contribution by a respected pro:
    https://forum.audiogon.com/discussio...=338214#338214

thanks
    Fascinating. Makes one wonder whether the new wave of electrical and mechanical engineers employed designing electric cars and the like might come up with some innovative designs for driving turntables....

This was pretty amazing at the LA Audio Show:

http://www.pbnaudio.com/audio-turnta...essional/dn308
    My system:
    PBN 2!5s Horn Speakers. Lamm LL2.1 Deluxe Preamp. Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe Phono. Lamm ML1.2 Push/Pull Amps. Acoustic Signature Ascona Turntable. SME 3012R Tonearm. Various Cartridges including: AirTight, Ortofon SPU, Signet MM and Grace MM. Sonorus Modified Revox P99 Tape Deck. Custom Cables

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...f-s-Stereo-Den

Post script

New arrival....

Ah shucks, this was going to be a pic of my new deck.
    How do i post pictures again?

Looks very familiar, was that Brian Gupton's Statement 301? Very beautiful. I saw the sale ad a while back and was tempted even though I have one.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  84.8 KB

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast