Robert Koda Takumi MC One Reference Phono Stage

sickophant

May 24, 2013
Warszawa, Polsce; BrizVegas, Oz

Attachments

• ehzwzyf73ynd.jpg
    ehzwzyf73ynd.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 908
  • robert_koda_takumi_mc_one_phono_preamplifier_review_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_2017_new_-1.jpg
    robert_koda_takumi_mc_one_phono_preamplifier_review_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_2017_new_-1.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 1,001
Last edited:

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Not sure if it's been posted on WBF. Apparently has some unique circuit designs so it's not a LCR or a passive riaa.

Quote for Audio Exotics
"1. What is wrong with conventional RIAA equalization?

There is nothing wrong with RIAA. The challenge is how to apply the reverse equalization as is required. Since the beginning of vinyl, there are only two ways to do it in the analog domain. One is called “passive RIAA” primarily used by many tube electronics manufacturers. Then there is another variation of passive RIAA called “LCR”. Under this approach, the high frequencies are attenuated by 100X at 20khz and 10X at 1khz during the amplification process. This is also known as the “brute force” approach. Another way is the “Active RIAA” approach, which uses tremendous amount of negative feedback in the vicinity of 40db to 60db.

For a number of technical reasons, I reject both methodologies. I have successfully developed a new approach. Since I am waiting for patent protection, I would not disclose the technology at this point. Suffice to say, I do not need to attenuate 20khz by 100 times thereby avoiding many problems. I do not need to use 40-60db of negative feedbacks thereby avoiding another set of problems. "

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
Im sure its a wonderful piece. Robert Koda gear is some of the best there is.

tunes

Member Sponsor
Nov 9, 2013
Interesting piece. Does it have more than one input or an option for a second input?

Reinhard

Mar 24, 2012
germany
"For a number of technical reasons, I reject both methodologies. I have successfully developed a new approach. Since I am waiting for patent protection, I would not disclose the technology at this point."

Would be nice to hear more about it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing