Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Kronos keeps getting better

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    @Mike. I dont know if you can learn anything from me. You and many people here are so very experienced. I can only tell which equipment that I tried sounds good and in what way.
    you write, we learn. your efforts will enlighten us all.

@Bonzo. I was hiding it behind the EMT and you just had to say it.
    Bonzo is a sh*t disturber and cannot help himself. he stirs it up.

Kind regards,
    Tang
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    I misunderstood your phrase "The Canadian sophistication will be going head to head with the big German vintage." That to me implied a direct comparison.
    Pardon my mistake choosing wrong words Peter. I will edit to "running head and shoulder next to" instead

Tang

My friends asked me if I would let go any of my tts once AS arrives. I said I keep all of them. But to be honest I thought about if I had to let go one of them which would it be. And it was not going to be the Kronos. I really don’t know how the Kronos manages to sound as it does. It is still my reference. It is not logical to me and probably to many tt gurus. If you really think about its main selling point, the counter rotational platters, this is actually the area that is most questionable. Speed control is the most difficult part of tt to get it done right. Just to get one motor run at stable continuous smooth one motion with no interference is already the super difficult to do, so to get two platters rotating at exact speed and motion to counteract? Really? The design just has so many flaw traps to fall into.

I just don’t know how Louis manage to implement it. The Kronos to my ears sound super good. People who likes the character of Techdas might think otherwise. But to me, with the SAT and Opus1, it sounds more expressive (raw?), emotionally involving, smart casual, less perfectly organized and formal than the Techdas. It’s funny my tonearm guy who also works for the other two owners who have both Kronos and AF1 in the same system in BKK said they made the same comments I do, not knowing or ever talk to each other. Kronos rocks!!

Name:  E3D84A96-720A-4D10-8C93-943FE1EB1749.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  127.3 KB

Just my opinion,
    Tang

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    We also have the data point of Dato' Danon Han who has the Air Force One, the Kronos Pro and the Clearaudio Statement -- and his favorite is the Kronos Pro.
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000; tonearms: SME 3012R, Schröder LT; cartridges: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2, Air Tight Opus-1; tape: Studer A820 Mk II; phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse; line stage: VTL TL-7.5 Series III; amplifier: VTL Siegfried Series II; loudspeaker: Gryphon Pendragon; cables: MasterBuilt Ultra; stands: Vintage Audio Nothing racks, Herzan TS-140/Taiko Tana for Io, Stacore Basic+ for amps; power: Torus AVR60BAL; room: 19' wide X 24' long X 14' tall; acoustic treatment: ASC IsoThermal Tube Traps, Lumitex drapes

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Tang, please report as accurately as possible the contrast of yr Kronos with the new AS when it arrives. It’s v good to hear you’re so happy w the K Pro, esp w the SAT/Opus combination.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritofmusic View Post
    Tang, please report as accurately as possible the contrast of yr Kronos with the new AS when it arrives. It’s v good to hear you’re so happy w the K Pro, esp w the SAT/Opus combination.
    I am not an analytical listener. However, I have a rating agency who likely will visit me some time after all my tts are optimized. My place is a one-stop-shop for him to do all kind of comparisons including Mooking my system. He can do a much better report

Tang

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    I think I know who you mean. He certainly racks up the Air Miles LOL.

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I am not an analytical listener. ...

Tang
    No one naturally is. The limbic state you will not find if you seek it.

swami tima
    See my Mahler thread here.

Swami Tim,
    Lovin the limbic, it’s the state I’m a virtual full time resident of, also ever so slightly off the beaten track but just read one of your pieces today and much appreciated your review on the Alexia 2s... tbh I don’t always get all these new fangled post modernist writers with their crazy styles so absolutely love your structure and thoughtful, rich expressiveness, you do both form and function proud.
    Magnepan 20.7 - Harbeth 40.2 - Horn TBA - Shindo - Sanders - Sotm - Chord - Shunyata Cyclops with Anaconda and Python Ztron PCs - Wireworld Platinum Eclipse Signal Loom - Stillpoint Ultra 5s throughout.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! audioblazer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    We also have the data point of Dato' Danon Han who has the Air Force One, the Kronos Pro and the Clearaudio Statement -- and his favorite is the Kronos Pro.
    Surprise , surprise & more surprises
    Source . AFO + Axiom, Fidelizer Nimitra + Vitus Masterpiece DAC , Studer A80, Tube Repro
    Amplification : Vitus Masterpiece Pre + Vitus Masterpiece Mono + Vitus Masterpiece Phono
    Cabling . Goebel Statement SC ,Transparent Reference XL AES/EBU digital , Goebel PC , Tara Labs Cobalts , Skogrand Markarian 421 XLR, Jorma Prime XLR , Goebel Statement XLR, Harmonix Takumi PC
    Catridges : Miyajima Madake , Miyajima Zero
    Speakers : Focal Stella EM
    Misc : JMF Conditioner, Telos GNR, Steinmusic

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast