Any one hear Chord Hugo 2? Is it Better than Hugo V1, or Different?

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Has anyone heard the new Chord Hugo 2? Please share

Caesar, I'm hearing good things but it's not out yet. I'm getting one in for review and they told me at AXPONA that it is three weeks out.

What I do know...It has a much more refined FPGA and they enriched the feature set.

caesar

May 30, 2010
Thanks, Lee! I'm sure it's "better technically", but I hope they don't screw up the sound.

Rarely one finds a product that is so much better than everything in its class - by such a huge margin.

EVOLVIST

Apr 20, 2017
Really we can get yanked into the Ad-fi of the Hugo2 - we have key words like "taps" and "FPGA" that shows a lot of bling - but it's the 20 element pulse array that's going to give the Hugo2 real meaning to your ears.

That said, I love Chord, but in the end I had to walk away from their technology for various reasons.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I hated the Hugo v1. I quite like the Dave and own a Qute EX.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing