Anyone here compared the Lampizator GG to the Aries Cerat Kassandra II reference DAC??

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
Reading back the mail from the American distributor, some mix-up was done it seems, maybe the thread it was in was also covering both preamp (function) and DAC.

There is no Prestige DAC existing, it must have been the price for the Incito preamp which effectively costs 8500 EUR, VAT incl

The prices for the DAC's in Europe are respectively from smallest to biggest model: 18, 41 and 81 k EUR, incl VAT and transport

And yes, it will be a pleasure to move on :)

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Let me chime in....

Prestige edition DAC was called the Insequer and is no longer in production. It was replaced by the Kassandra and the tech was merged.

USD prices are as follows for 2017 for the Kassandra which included VAT and installation here in the USA

Reference 35k USD
Signature 55k USD
SLE 82,500 USD

Apologies all around as I can get mixed up when discussion pricing with international request.

To make it easier on me just email global@aries-cerat.eu and I should remember which pricing to use :)

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Let me chime in....

Prestige edition DAC was called the Insequer and is no longer in production. It was replaced by the Kassandra and the tech was merged.

USD prices are as follows for 2017 for the Kassandra which included VAT and installation

Reference 35k USD
Signature 55k USD
SLE 82,500 USD

Apologies all around as I can get mixed up when discussion pricing with international request.

To make it easier on me just email global@aries-cerat.eu and I should remember which pricing to use :)

In Euros, why is it 18, 41, and 81...while in dollars, it is 35, 55, and 82? The 35 stands out w.r.t the 18

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
In Euros, why is it 18, 41, and 81...while in dollars, it is 35, 55, and 82? The 35 stands out w.r.t the 18

High tax based on weight so for the low end it hit harder than the higher end where I dont mind the margin loss reflected in the pricing

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Let me chime in....

USD prices are as follows for 2017 for the Kassandra which included VAT and installation here in the USA

Reference 35k USD
Signature 55k USD
SLE 82,500 USD

You kidding me, that sounds like a bargain, I'll take two!

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Guys, there is a misunderstanding here. Wisnon did have a right to think its 55, but flyer is also quite fair and friendly not the types to disparage so let's move on

No, I didn't say Flyer did anything wrong...Just saying there was no intention to mislead or disparage. I got the prices right here on the forum.

I am glad the matter is settled transparently. We now have clarity.

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
No, I didn't say Flyer did anything wrong...Just saying there was no intention to mislead or disparage. I got the prices right here on the forum.

I am glad the matter is settled transparently. We now have clarity.

This thread seem seems to have gone cold. Any more impressions v other DACs?

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Have now tried the Kassandra vs all of the major competitors in the same performance or similar price point (MSB, Total, Trinity, Lampi, etc)

Won't comment openly here for obvious reasons, but if you are interested in you are welcome to PM me

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Good morning
I live in nyc is there any way I can hear one in my setup for a day ?

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Good morning

This would be very appreciated as Al has a lot of experience with loads of Lampi iterations and also very extensive transports.

Please send to Al lol.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Good morning

There may be an opportunity early next year to do a demo in your system prior to a review. A one day casual demo has to be in line with something else I have going on in that area of just happen to going in your general direction.

Difficulty of most demos with the Kassandra is the requirement of my being there. This comes as a result of of proper setup and ensuring that software with filters (such as HQ Player in your signature) are not used.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing