Fried Eggs from Left Channel :(

luiscesar

Oct 19, 2016
Madrid. Spain
Hello

I just received the Dartzeel preamp I was waiting for (s/h from audioshop at Spain),
I connected via XLR (same connection as my ARC-Ref5) this morning to my 108-B, and found that I no have sound from left channel only Fried Eggs Sound, and no music. Right Channel was OK, no hiss, and music.
I change to RCA cables and setting RCA on DArt amp, same isssue, fried eggs from left channel and no music on left. Right channel OK
I cross cables (left ch preamp to right ch amp and right pre to left amp) to find if its a problem on amp, same issue but this time on right channel of course. So amp is OK.

Also I connected Dart pre to the Home Theater input of my ARC and have same issue, fried eggs and no music from left ch. So it is not related to amp connection

So there is fried egg sound on left channel via XLR and RCA.

AND volume dont work fluent, I mean,.. almost no sound on low level to medium level and suddenly very high sound !! (on right ch)

BUT... BUT... BUT...

I've checked REC OUT, and WORKS !!, I have music from left and right channel without any hicup.

So Iam listening phono section of dartzeel pre via REC OUT to the phono input of my ARC (by the way very good phono very promising from DART)

Maybe it was damaged on transport, or was faulty when the shop sent to me the preamp. ???

If something that can I do?. Exist a reset?, Open it to inspect if some internal connection (audio cinch on mother board could be flimsy due to transport) to fix it? Or it is a BAD IDEA...

Any Ideas???

On Monday I'll speak to the shop to return the unit after I check 50Ohm Cables I'll pick up on monday also to check if 50 Ohm works on left channel or not .

But in the meantime I would like to have sound this weekend and not to route throught the ARC

Thanks in advance
Luis

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
Sounds like something in the output stage(s) of the preamp has gone bad. Could have happened in shipping, but unless you are willing and able to open it and see if there is a loose connection, nothing to do but return it for repair.

luiscesar

Oct 19, 2016
Madrid. Spain
Sounds like something in the output stage(s) of the preamp has gone bad. Could have happened in shipping, but unless you are willing and able to open it and see if there is a loose connection, nothing to do but return it for repair.

Thanks for your support !!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing