Few DIY projects

jororaitchev

Jan 5, 2017
Bulgaria-Sofia
An addition to my previous post at the beginning/# 37/;
One of my solutions, a combination of heating and an acoustic absorber, the ceiling absorbs frequencies above 4000-5000 Hertz.

H-1.jpeg

Heating panels work in the infrared spectrum through Radiant heat.

h-p.jpeg

H-4.jpeg

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com

jororaitchev

Jan 5, 2017
Bulgaria-Sofia
Very interesting idea! Do you know how those heating panels behave in the acoustic spectrum? Are they acoustically transparent?

Very interesting idea! Do you know how those heating panels behave in the acoustic spectrum? Are they acoustically transparent?
The heating panels are not acoustically transparent, they are is produced in Canada and haven't acoustic characteristics.
These plasterboard panels produced in Bulgaria have such. ?he ceiling absorbs frequencies above 4000-5000 Hertz.
t.jpeg

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
The heating panels are not acoustically transparent, they are is produced in Canada and haven't acoustic characteristics.
These plasterboard panels produced in Bulgaria have such. ?he ceiling absorbs frequencies above 4000-5000 Hertz.
View attachment 97898
It looks like some kind of wool, so I think it works perfectly fine as an acoustic dampener. Are you planning on doing measurements?

jororaitchev

Jan 5, 2017
Bulgaria-Sofia
On the reverse side, there is a fiberglass veil on the panels, which also affects the acoustics. I've solved the problem with the mid frequencies and highs/ you can see on the graph/, the low frequencies remain, but for now I'm not in a hurry to deal with it, I have an idea for more furniture in the room.
3.PNG

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
On the reverse side, there is a fiberglass veil on the panels, which also affects the acoustics. I've solved the problem with the mid frequencies and highs/ you can see on the graph/, the low frequencies remain, but for now I'm not in a hurry to deal with it, I have an idea for more furniture in the room.
View attachment 97919
That huge peak at 60Hz and then second one at 120Hz are probably the modes of the room. I can imagine they are pretty fatiguing. More furniture will help a little bit, but it might not be enough in this case. You might want to look into bass traps.

jororaitchev

Jan 5, 2017
Bulgaria-Sofia
That huge peak at 60Hz and then second one at 120Hz are probably the modes of the room. I can imagine they are pretty fatiguing. More furniture will help a little bit, but it might not be enough in this case. You might want to look into bass traps.
The volume levels at which I listen to music are low, rarely above 45-50 dB.
I have a few ideas for bass traps, but apart from efficiency, I have high requirements for to their design, they definitely need to be aesthetically pleasing and seamlessly blend in with my interior - a difficult task, but not impossible. Their time just hasn't come for yet.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
The volume levels at which I listen to music are low, rarely above 45-50 dB.
I have a few ideas for bass traps, but apart from efficiency, I have high requirements for to their design, they definitely need to be aesthetically pleasing and seamlessly blend in with my interior - a difficult task, but not impossible. Their time just hasn't come for yet.
One thing at a time, and you will get there :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing