Homeland-New Season

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
If you want to watch real Russian spy work, check out The Americans which is 10x better than this season of Homeland. Yevgeny is even a major part over the last three seasons and has a developed character.

Can only hope that the final season next year is better. I personally think this was the worst season since Damian Lewis was killed off - Saul (and Carrie's) actions were lunatic-driven towards the end. Poisoning a source lol. Shame as season 6 was the opposite.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I watched the first Episode of Season 8 of Homeland last evening. As many of you know this will be the last season for the show. From what we saw in the initial episode it could get back to the very entertaining drama it was in the first couple of years. How they picked up from last seasons finale sets up so many possibilities. I have stuck with it all along even if Carrie's character drives me up the wall at times.

As usual the writers throw in current topics such as all of the issues with the US "trying" to get out of Afghanistan.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I've enjoyed it from the start, but I'm kinda now only watching to see the masterclass of acting that is Carrie and Saul. It feels like it lost it's way a little, and in the era of Trump and fake news, it's impossible for it to get the tone right.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I've enjoyed it from the start, but I'm kinda now only watching to see the masterclass of acting that is Carrie and Saul. It feels like it lost it's way a little, and in the era of Trump and fake news, it's impossible for it to get the tone right.

Marc is there never a post that you feel a need to assert a political tone.No more, please

Reactions: Ron Resnick

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Yep Steve, lets be apolitical about the hugely political Homeland LOL.

No problemo.

Reactions: cjfrbw

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Yep Steve, lets be apolitical about the hugely political Homeland LOL.

No problemo.
you're right Marc....let me quote you one last time Marc as you have been warned incessantly...........

It feels like it lost it's way a little, and in the era of Trump and fake news, it's impossible for it to get the tone right.

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
Terrific show, although some years better than others. Demise of Quinn was heartbreaking.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
We are about half way through this last season and for the most part it has been pretty good, Still way too much of Carrie going and not listening and doing her own thing but overall pretty interesting.

They do have a chance of actually ending the series without having us scratching our heads.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Oh, goodie! Can hardly wait to see the lip trembling one in action again after being gulaged.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
We are all caught up and there are 2 episodes left. I think this season has been one of the best.
this is the final season so with 2 more episodes how will it end
There are 12 episodes this season. We still have 6 to go.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Oh, there is a new season. I hope there is no more of Carrie's psychiatric ward and medication stuff. I am very averse to those scenes now.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Jim as an aside another good one to watch is on Prime with Al Pacino

Hunters
Steve, We have watched about half of those episodes so far. It‘s pretty good but the bad guys are right out of the TV series Fargo.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
so???

All actors come from previous work done. Period

Pacino was just seen in The Irishman. So?

The ending to Hunters was a very interesting one

What I was trying to get across is that the bad guys in Hunters are portrayed as caricatures. Almost like they are pulled out of a comic book.

Apparently the series received some heat for playing loose with some of the facts (the human chess game or the singing competition) when there were plenty of atrocities to work with.

Pacino is actually doing one of his better acting jobs in years. Even better IMHO than Hoffa.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing