I'm looking for a good reliable and affordable tablet ...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
My criteria:

- Roughly 10" screen (9.5" ok) * AMOLED? Yaman!
- HD resolution (UHD/4K ok) * 3D? That would be the cherry on top of the whip cream.
- 32Gb space min (16 ok, 64/128 best)
- 2 or 4Gb Ram (3 ok, 4 best)
- 10 hours battery (min)
- USB port/HDMI port SD card slot (preferably but not necessary...USB yes)
- Fast processor (for action life)
- Great for browsing and videos
- Good cameras...front and rear (bonus for selfies and sharing photographs and Skype or FaceTime)
- Solid good looking (hard to go wrong today, plus lightweight)
- Between $300 and $500 (Canadian dollars, with flexibility...)

I know nothing other than I like what I've seen from an iPad (Apple), with great screen, awesome pictures (resolution), fast browser.
A 9 or almost 10" screen and for $499 (I believe 16 or 32GB capacity).

I'm looking @ Samsung, Acer, Asus, Lenovo, ...

I need to start somewhere, I just don't know exactly, but average $400 Cdn (+/-), and I'm running Windows 10 on my laptop and I don't know if it would be best to stay with Microsoft or switch to the dark side of Apple? Any suggestion and info are very welcome from the WBF member's best elite.

Last edited:

BadBold

Nov 8, 2016
I dont like Samsung phone but i do like Samsung tablet. Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8 or Pro. I like samsung S pen, i think it would be very convenient when you want to take note.

If you dont mind Chinese brand, you can try Mi pad or Huawei with better hardware specs. mi phones wwith mi os but as i know they can run Android app (but you have to generate apk directly from Google play via some sites like this: http://choilieng.com) then transfer them to device or install Google Play Installer from mi store. It's kinda complicated so i like samsung Galaxy tab much better

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My Samsung S Pro 9" kicks my iPad's butt when it comes to watching movies on the plane. I love that it has an SD slot too. Stretch the budget a bit and get one Bob. You won't regret it.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Thx Jack, I was looking into that direction...Samsung tablet. I don't fly as much as you do, so movies on the go are more for the pro globetrotters like you.
I like reading, learning, bigger letters, skyping, family picture sharing, nice quality screen, decent cameras, quick browsing, scrolling, zooming, creativity.
...And taking my time to make the best of what's coming up. :b

They both are very nice. I'm tempted with the iPad as well with the Samsung. I'll have to hit my local electronic store to drive test them.

And the more feedback I get from the WBF tablet users the better equipped and prepared I become.
So from you Jack and BadBold the Samsung tablet is two points ahead.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing