Transparent Opus Power Isolator - new offering

parkcaka

Sep 11, 2016
Istanbul
Great system! (From a fellow Gryphon fan...you've got some great pieces there!)

Thanks! I loved the first Gryphon I bought (Diablo). Then one followed another. The system naturally became a sort of a test for the potential of Sophia 3. It sounds so good now that I'm waiting for the big move with my speakers and not waste time with small upgrades.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks! I loved the first Gryphon I bought (Diablo). Then one followed another. The system naturally became a sort of a test for the potential of Sophia 3. It sounds so good now that I'm waiting for the big move with my speakers and not waste time with small upgrades.

definitely a good way to go...besides, with your equipment there are no small upgrades left! Which speakers are you considering?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Magico M3 wouldn't hurt, or Alexx. The jury is still out.

I have read great things about both. If you would ever consider 2nd hand or demo, your options are substantial with today's shipping, transparency, accessibility. Its been a blessing to be able to get online, work with a local dealer (pay him a commission), get references from the vendor's city/country, sometimes get the help of the original manufacturer to check the equipment (shipped direct by vendor to manufacturer...who then inspects and ships on to me or my dealer)...and then my local dealer has helped on installation as well since he got paid a commission.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
John, thanks a lot.

Next time you come around please send me a message.

Your answer is what I was wishing for. I completely understand when you say how TA emotionally engages you. I used cables with more resolution, more control, more this and more that but I never found the emotional connection with the music as in TA cables.

I just can't upgrade the signal cables right now since I am using stock power cables with my Mephisto and Pandora at the moment. The cables that came with the box. That is a shame. Over 20 years of my audiophile journey I know how important power cables are so I think I should sort that out first.

It's good to know TA still improves over their already solid legacy.

You helped a lot. Thanks.

Cagdas

Ah well, you'll be thrilled with these power cables on your Gryphon. I agree with you on power cable importance - especially if you're still using stock on a few components...

markramler

Sep 19, 2014
New York, NY
I have been demoing the TA Gen 5 Reference Power Isolator and XL power cords in my system for several days now. I have the TA Gen 5 XL signal cables. I found the TA power products to provide much greater dynamics, attack, soundstage depth and life. My system has never sounded better. I placed an order with my dealer and will be replacing my existing power components and cords. I plan to demo the Gen 5 XLPI when it is released next year.
Mark

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I have been demoing the TA Gen 5 Reference Power Isolator and XL power cords in my system for several days now. I have the TA Gen 5 XL signal cables. I found the TA power products to provide much greater dynamics, attack, soundstage depth and life. My system has never sounded better. I placed an order with my dealer and will be replacing my existing power components and cords. I plan to demo the Gen 5 XLPI when it is released next year.
Mark

Does not surprise me ! Congrats on your better sounding system !

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Mark

What is a "Gen 5 Reference Power Isolator"? I also own the Gen V XL power cords - they are all what you say - but I am using the PowerIsolator MM.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
I've had the TA Reference Isolator and XL power cords in my system for a couple weeks for a demo replacing a PS Audio P10 and a mix of different entry level TA power cords and like you all have mentioned, better dynamics, soundstage, and fuller sound. Bad news for my wallet.

Reactions: ozy

Dante Choi

Feb 26, 2016
Buenos Aires,, Argentina
Dears.
Just this weekend I have tried a Transparent Opusisolator on my system. First tested Phono Amp D'Agstino Momentum with Opusisolator, the result was just amazing. Exactly the same as already described by jfrech. But when I tested with EMT-927 with EMT-139ST Phono Amp, the result was very poor. Also tested with Phono Amp Allnic H-5000 and Line Pre Amp Allnic L-8000 and the benefit was also outstanding (same case as with Momentum) Now, I can't live without Transparent Opusisolator. The richness is simply amazing never experienced on my system. But as I have too many gears, I will need 4 Opusisolator extra and this is insane due to cost. Anyone have compared Opusisolator against another filter like Audioquest Niagara 7000? I have tested many filters on my system but never got a good result. Before Transparent Opusisolator, I have used only Hydra for digital sources, but now I'm really interested to add filters to my system.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing