News/updates from Evolution Accoustics?

techguy0192

Jul 13, 2016
I'm curious as to what is going on with Evolution Acoustics. This thread/post is the first one in this forum in over a year; the bulk of thread activity dropped off sharply in 2012. Also, the newest post to the facebook page is from November 2015.

Are new products or updates on the way? The MicroTwo page has been listed as "Coming soon" for as long as I can remember.

Just a few years ago, around 2012, there was a lot of news and forum talk about EA speakers. The EA dedicated forum here at WTB appears to have dried up. New dealers do not appear to be rushing to sign up as EA dealers. As an owner of a pair of MicroOne's, I find this concerning. Will updates or a new version (MKII) of my MicroOne's ever be released? As an EA owner, this lack of activity cause concern over longevity and products maintaining value in the used market.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
EA has introduced the "EXACT" series since the last posts. Understand that there are only a few EA owners here, and that many owners do not post on forums. Jonathan Tinn and Mike Lavigne are our illustrious EA ambassadors, and hopefully they will join in the discussion with you. It would help if you ask some specific questions, etc. to steer the responses.

Welcome to WBF!

Lee

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Hi there!

As a dealer, and one who has "signed up" just lasy year, I can assure you there's plenty of developments on the Evolution Acoustics front!

The MM2 EXACTs were shown last year at THE Show Newport, and this year, we debuted the MM3 EXACTs, first in a dedicated event in our store, with the presence of Jonathan Tinn, Kevin Malmgren, and darTZeel's Hervé Deletraz, and then, at this year's THE Show, where it was considered one of the best rooms in the show by many, reviewers and the general public. Actually, as I was in the room a lot, I could hear people's reaction, and I told Kevin that if we had $1 for every "best room in the show, man!" we heard, we'd all be rich :D

While other manufacturers churn product out in a quick pace, making dealers happy and customers unhappy, EA takes their time to get the product right the first time, as they expect people to keep them for a long, long time. This is a philosophy I personally like, but perhaps that explains why there aren't that many EA dealers out there...

Anyway, as far as new products, the MicroTwo *and* MicroThree ARE coming. I know I shouldn't, but count on MicroTwo this year, for sure. I've seen the drivers that Kevin has designed, and they're extraordinary. This thing will blow people's minds on what's possible for a mid-priced speaker (for high-end audio), same as your MicroOnes did for bookshelves!

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the MM3 EXACTs that are playing beautifully in our store :) It's remarkable what those crossover boxes do to what's already an impressive speaker!

Please contact me if you'd like to hear the EXACTs or the MicroTwos once they come out!

cheers,
alex

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing