spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Zu have always self powered their in built subs in their top models
But maybe there is some work to do in getting current iteration to work
Additionally, Zu likely to go for a totally different solution than the front firing 18"
Remember, this was prototype #5 of 11, and Sean investigating #s 12 and 13 ahead of the final production pair to be released officially at Munich

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
A common story
For me it took 5 mins at a well sorted dealer setup to convince me in 2008

Nothing to do with Zus, but this shows how different decision making styles are. If I like something, I first try to break it. Listen to it in different systems and rooms, or feed it something different. Apart from getting past the first 5 mins, it helps tide over the initial euphoria and impact. Allows time to wean myself off that component

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
That's great Ked
Capitalism thrives on different consumers with different buying habits
I've never felt the need to "break" a component
Partly because I don't want to pay a repair charge LOL

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing