Mono & Stereo ZenWave Audio D4 Interconnect Review

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014

KostasP.

May 6, 2016
Melbourne
Hello David,

As I had mentioned in another thread, I was waiting for my brand new ML CLXs to arrive before I re-audition your D4 RCA interconnect cables and to compare them to the D3s that I currently have on loan. Well, the CLXs finally ( after 3 months) arrived and I will do the comparison soon.

What I would like to know is if the RCA connectors of your current cables are the same as your older ones and whether you have made any other modifications to the cables, albeit subtle.

Thank you and cheers, Kostas.

PS: I did read the review and, although I cannot judge his specific findings (for obvious reasons), having previously compared your cables with other more expensive ones, your cables compare very favourably indeed! If only other WBF members give them a non pre-conditioned "fair go" as we often say here in Australia.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Hello David,

As I had mentioned in another thread, I was waiting for my brand new ML CLXs to arrive before I re-audition your D4 RCA interconnect cables and to compare them to the D3s that I currently have on loan. Well, the CLXs finally ( after 3 months) arrived and I will do the comparison soon.

What I would like to know is if the RCA connectors of your current cables are the same as your older ones and whether you have made any other modifications to the cables, albeit subtle.

Thank you and cheers, Kostas.

PS: I did read the review and, although I cannot judge his specific findings (for obvious reasons), having previously compared your cables with other more expensive ones, your cables compare very favourably indeed! If only other WBF members give them a non pre-conditioned "fair go" as we often say here in Australia.

Thanks Kostas!

The D4s moved from Mundorf/WBT silver/gold to the WBT 0102 Ag and the signal wire to 3x26g instead of 4x28g and from one to two layers of cotton jacketing. These are all very subtle differences...

Recently, the D3 changed from Furutech FP-101 to FP-108, the 101s have a gold plated filiment-style center pin while the 108s are rhodium plated UPOCC copper. The 108s are a bit smoother and clearer, and are the same plug as the $450/set stainless/carbon CF-102 but with a brass body. D3s geometry was changed to D4s, but with copper grounds instead of silver. The D3s are a fantastic value with the new changes. The D1s moved from gold to rhodium plated Furutech FP-126 RCA plugs, also recently and not updated on my website yet.

Otherwise all is the same. In the future I'll have a line of cables that will be similar, but with inert gas dielectric and sold through dealers... these are going to be expensive!... and a line of less expensive speaker cables for direct sale.

I also am still hoping to debut my new speaker at RMAF in October, but it'll be close so I won't know until the last minute. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing