Burmester 082 settings

kaeksen

Jun 11, 2016
Norway
The amplifier has different settings that can be adjusted, like extra bass, extra tremble etc...
If i use these extra settings and adjust upward, will there be more distortion in the final resault. If so i guess its best to use the "default"?

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy
The amplifier has different settings that can be adjusted, like extra bass, extra tremble etc...
If i use these extra settings and adjust upward, will there be more distortion in the final resault. If so i guess its best to use the "default"?

The 082's is a great integrated amp and one of the best!

The tone settings are useful only to adjust the quality of recordings to your taste. For my personal point of view these settings should be always by-passed. I suggest to by-pass them and use it as originally "default" settled by Burmester.

kaeksen

Jun 11, 2016
Norway
The 082's is a great integrated amp and one of the best!

The tone settings are useful only to adjust the quality of recordings to your taste. For my personal point of view these settings should be always by-passed. I suggest to by-pass them and use it as originally "default" settled by Burmester.

But trouble with defaulting it is you loose a lot of nice bass, which i love at times. So i guess ill end up by passing it sometimes and sometimes not.
Its a rather expensive amplifier, so only playing on default will not give your money's worth.
Do you have this amplifier yourself?

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
But trouble with defaulting it is you loose a lot of nice bass, which i love at times. So i guess ill end up by passing it sometimes and sometimes not.
Its a rather expensive amplifier, so only playing on default will not give your money's worth.

Hi,

I would agree with Rocco and leave it on default settings unless there are room/ speaker issues resulting in lean bass. I had the 082 some years back before I got my 911 monos and I absolutely loved it. The 082, true to the burmester philosophy, is fast and has very good and articulate bass. It may not have the extension of their larger brethren but they sure don't lack in bass quality whatsoever.

Hope this helps

Sujay

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy

No, I don't have the 082's, but I listen it frequently to a friend of mine...

Which is your speakers?

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy
Hi,

I would agree with Rocco and leave it on default settings unless there are room/ speaker issues resulting in lean bass. I had the 082 some years back before I got my 911 monos and I absolutely loved it. The 082, true to the burmester philosophy, is fast and has very good and articulate bass. It may not have the extension of their larger brethren but they sure don't lack in bass quality whatsoever.

Hope this helps

Sujay

Hi dear Sujay :)

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

What speakers you have?

Also Bass quality has a lot to do with the room and speaker position. . THese would be of interest for us to help you best.

The 082 is a very good integrated amp BTW. It will run circles around many separates and, yes, its bass reproduction is among the best around.

kaeksen

Jun 11, 2016
Norway
Hi,

Hope this helps

Sujay

Ok sounds good,thx

kaeksen

Jun 11, 2016
Norway
No, I don't have the 082's, but I listen it frequently to a friend of mine...

Which is your speakers?

What speakers you have?

Also Bass quality has a lot to do with the room and speaker position. . THese would be of interest for us to help you best.

The 082 is a very good integrated amp BTW. It will run circles around many separates and, yes, its bass reproduction is among the best around.

Hehe,,i have old speakers,,patos basic 500.. But they rock!!

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hehe,,i have old speakers,,patos basic 500.. But they rock!!

Then it could be a matter of positioning or of room; without much else we can only speculate.. Need more info.

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy
Hello my dear friend! Am itching to get to Italy to listen to your reference rig......unless by then you have already bought the c500 concept speakers and the new monster amps!! Hopefully soon.....

Hi brother :)

You're always welcome in Italy....

C500 with 159's mono-amps are really an hot road.....

Very warm regards from Italy....

kaeksen

Jun 11, 2016
Norway
Tried to positioning in the room better,and it made a very nice change. Thanks for pointing out it.

OMG, those i bought it from, a hifi klubb, they tried to "steal" the netcable/powercord. I had to ask them to send it afterwards,even as it said inside leaflet that a powercord was suppose to be there. And it wasnt ANY kind of powercord but burmesters own. What kind of society are we in, with stealers,where is the MORAL lol

Price of cable was $900 for 2 meter.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing