Recommended Titles for the Car

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA

I've been listening to the latest Santana CD at seriously loud levels in my car over the past week. I mean loud! Loud enough such that if an ambulance was to drive right next to me with its siren ablaze, I would not hear it.

This CD is friggin' awesome in the car. It gave me the idea for this thread. While driving, I find myself boppin, bouncin, just groovin to the music. This is the CD you want in your car when you are about to embark on a road trip.

So what other titles have members found to be great car CDs?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'll check the shelves when I go in this morning (I work at Costco)......need some different music for the car anyway and I'm CS fan.

John

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Darn! No Santana yet in Canada Costco's.

John

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
I really like listening to Ministry's "Jesus Built My Hot Rod" in the car, but it usually nets me a speeding ticket.

Exactly. That's the kind of music I was contemplating in starting this thread. You're driving on the highway, or maybe just city streets, and the music just gets you bouncin in your seat; maybe your signing out loud the way you do in your morning shower. People driving next to you look at you and smile, maybe even laugh out loud. The next think you know you're driving 10 miles per hour (or more) over the speed limit. Or an ambulance or fire truck drives by you and you gulp because you didn't hear the siren, and you look in your rear view mirror and see that all of the cars behind you had pulled over to the right.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
ZZ Top does that for me. I look like a fool bouncing up and down in my seat with arms flailing and singing aloud! I have the same response when I listen to some of the old Loving Spoonful stuff. That music just makes me come alive.

John

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Those legs are permanently imprinted!

John

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing