Newbie here! What's the best . . . . 3-Channel Amp ?????

dcf_atl

Mar 24, 2016
Very fortunate to be getting some power hungry Dynaudio Confidence C1's and a Center. (4ohm)

Looking for a non-microwave size 3-channel amp to drive them - will be for TV watching and audio and on all of the time (so no tube) and not running too hot.

Looking for a warm and powerful sound.

Considering:
ATI 4003 / 6003
Mark Levinson 433H
others?

Thanks!

Billy Shears

Jul 27, 2015

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
Very fortunate to be getting some power hungry Dynaudio Confidence C1's and a Center. (4ohm)

Looking for a non-microwave size 3-channel amp to drive them - will be for TV watching and audio and on all of the time (so no tube) and not running too hot.

Looking for a warm and powerful sound.

Considering:
ATI 4003 / 6003
Mark Levinson 433H
others?

Thanks!
I really liked the ML 433H but I have not tried the ATIs.
Add to your list:
Bryston 6BSTT
Parasound A31
Theta Dreadnaught D (or an older Dreadnaught III)
McIntosh MC303 (is microwave+)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
For TV sound and general music, I recommend a class D amp. I have a Pioneer Elite AVR for that use and it is superb in how cool it is and nice sound it provides many hours/day. It sits in a closed cabinet with a bunch of other gear and it is still happy. A previous class AB AVR (onkyo) was cooking the granite top so much you could cook eggs on it. :D

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
ATI are built like tanks ... much like their predecessor (SAE). I still have a 1502 working overtime in a friends system, highly recommended.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Out of everything recommended so far I'd think about the Odyssey.

Popspin

Apr 28, 2015
Unless the latest Class D amps are a huge improvement over my old W4S SX-1000's, Class D will not meet your requirements for sound signature.
I replaced mine with Ayre's.
I second the ATI recommendation. A demo of the Morris Kessler amp would be high on my list.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing