Genesis V Manual

sheepdog1969

Mar 17, 2016
I am the proud owner of a pair of Genesis V speakers with the massive power amplifier. I bought them use and they did not come with an owners manual. I have been searching for someone who has one that I can get a copy from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thxs.

sheepdog1969

Mar 17, 2016
Thanks for the quick responses. I have read the "quick setup" instructions. I assume that when the unit was originally sold, there was also a more detailed explanation of how to use the remote tp set the various crossovers, etc. in the amplifier. Almost everything electronic today has a "dumbed down" get started instruction sheet and then a more detailed manual. Am I wrong on these speakers?

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Having owned The genesis V, that was the instructions that came with it

I agree the remote can be a bit cryptic

Make sure the neutrik connectors are functioning

This is a servo unit, and there were issues with it not responding,

Andrew

sheepdog1969

Mar 17, 2016
awsmone-
You are the first person that I have made contact with that actually owned this system. My servo amp system is working, but I have not info on how to use the remote to adjust it or what all the abreviations on the buttons stand for. My internet searches have netted nothing. Are you saying there were no instructions with the servo amp? If so, how did you work your way through it to achieve maximum performance? Thxs.

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
if i have time i will double check if i still have the manuals

can u send me a photo of the remote

and i will see if i can talk u through it

great speakers, try valves on top!

somewhere i think i have a spare mid driver and tweeter lol

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
cannot find my copy just had a good look

found copy of hp review in TAS

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
The remote control is used to turn on, and set up the volume, and other parameters on the woofertowers. The display on the amplifier will alwaysflash to identify the function being adjusted.The high-pass "HP" filter determines how low thewoofers will play. Set this initially to 16Hz. Then,adjust the low-pass "LP" filter (how high afrequency that the woofer plays). Set this to100Hz using the buttons marked "LP". Use thebutton marked "VOL" to adjust the bass gain to15, to start with.If you are using the Servo-Bass Interconnect, use the "PHS" buttonsto adjust the phase to 0 (zero). If you are using the output from the preamplifier to drive your Servo-Controlled Bass amplifier, and yourpower amplifier is a solid-state design, adjust the phase to 45. If yourpower amplifier is a transformer-coupled valve design, adjust thephase to 75.The remote control has two buttons on the lower portion of the hand-held marked "MEM 1" and "MEM 2". These controls will memorize thesettings you have selected. To memorize a setting, point the remotecontrol at the amplifier. Press the MEM1 or MEM2 button and holddown for 2 seconds. After 2 seconds, the reading will flash and yournew settings will have been memorized.To recall the memorized setting, press the appropriate memory buttononce. You may want to memorize two different settings to match yourrecording's bass level closely, or you may want to use one basssetting for music and yet another for video.1.7 Crossover ControlsYou will notice two control knobs on the crossover box. The left handknob is a volume control for the rear tweeters. Turning this controlclockwise will increase the level of the rear tweeters. Use this control ifbityou need asoundstage. Start with this control at the twelve o'clock (high noon)position.The control on the right side is a five-position switch used to adjust thesoundstage height. Depending on your room acoustics and youramplifier, position three has the sound stage at about the middle – likethe soundstage when you are seated in the stalls seats in a concerthall. Position five pushes the soundstage high, like the orchestra levelseats, and position one has the lowest soundstage – like you are inthe circle seats.2 Tuning the systemMusic is the best way to begin your setup procedure. We suggest thatvideo sources be used only after you have setup the system toproperly reproduce music.We suggest that you start with a single female vocal with instrumentalaccompaniment because the sound of the human voice is more easilyrecognizable than many instruments and is the least complex sound

sheepdog1969

Mar 17, 2016
Thanks so much for the "walk through". I'll get my hands dirty and see if I need any specific help. Since the settings have to be changed while the amp is powered up, I assume one could change a setting while listening to a song so the system tuning would be real time. Yes?

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Thanks so much for the "walk through". I'll get my hands dirty and see if I need any specific help. Since the settings have to be changed while the amp is powered up, I assume one could change a setting while listening to a song so the system tuning would be real time. Yes?

Yes, don't forget to save settings to memory !

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Please let me know how u get on
I was just thinking...the bass modules r capable of prodigious bass, i remember my window panes flapping when i didn't adjust them properly so be aware that infra low bass is possible and u may not hear it, and will muddy your sound

I have found when adjusting deep bass either start with it low volume and adjust up till it just suddenly seems to have the sound stage float or start to high and wind down till it suddenly disappears i.e. that effect, if you haven't experienced that effect before I suggest you start too high and wind down, you will notice it as soon as it disappears

the other comment I would make, is don't put these speakers too far apart, they couple very well, and are one speaker that produces images outside of themselves with great recordings

Aim straight forward not toed in at all

They can actually work very well quite close to each other

They are capable of an enormous soundstage

Good luck

andrew

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing