Blu Ray Ripping

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
I have been using SlySoft AnyDVD and PavTube ByteCopy for BluRay ripping. SlySoft has been shut down and PavTube does not appear to be working with recent movies I tried to rip either. anyone kows what is goinf on, and any advice on alternative programs for BLu Ray ripping. Very annoying....

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Go to www.doom9.org
Then Downloads/Descrambling / Ripping Tools

Look for DVDdecrypter or DVD Fab

Both of these are great. .

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Go to www.doom9.org
Then Downloads/Descrambling / Ripping Tools

Look for DVDdecrypter or DVD Fab

Both of these are great. .

Thanks. I had heard of DVD Fab. I'll give it a whirl and take a write off on my lifelong prepaid upgrades on AnyDVD.

Fitzcaraldo215

Nov 3, 2014
I have been using SlySoft AnyDVD and PavTube ByteCopy for BluRay ripping. SlySoft has been shut down and PavTube does not appear to be working with recent movies I tried to rip either. anyone kows what is goinf on, and any advice on alternative programs for BLu Ray ripping. Very annoying....

Slysoft is back under a slightly different name operating out of a different country:

https://www.redfox.bz/

I believe they will honor any unexpired update subscriptions you might have.

DVDFab had gone through a similar process a couple of years ago. But, they have survived.

There is also MakeMKV, which the lawyers and courts have not been able to get to, yet at least.

One thing I liked about Slysoft was that it could play a DRMed BD video in real time, unlike the others. You did not have to first create a ripped file for playback. With MakeMKV, that rip takes maybe 30 minutes. I have not played with DVDFab. So, Slysoft was great for playing Netflix rentals immediately via my PC BD drive without the wait for ripping to a file on the hard drive. I do not believe in saving movie rips. Mostly, I will never watch movies again in my lifetime, and they become just baggage on my NAS. I will just re-rent them in the unlikely event I wish to ever see them again. Music is an entirely different story, of course.

But, the real question in this international chess game is who can best stay ahead of the lawyers for the media companies. Stay tuned.

HedgeHog

Mar 12, 2012
Richmond, BC
Slysoft is back under a slightly different name operating out of a different country:

https://www.redfox.bz/

I believe they will honor any unexpired update subscriptions you might have.

--snipped---8<----

But, the real question in this international chess game is who can best stay ahead of the lawyers for the media companies. Stay tuned.

Thx for the link but unless I'm not understanding what they said, SlySoft AnyDVD owners will be out of luck after the specified date.

Important information for SlySoft license owners!
SlySoft license keys for AnyDVD (HD) will only work up to version 7.6.9.1. The RedFox OPD (Online Protection Database) for this version will be available until Saturday, April 30, 2016, afterwards AnyDVD HD may no longer be able to decrypt discs.

SlySoft licenses of other products are not affected and will continue to work normally.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
The only thing you need is a program called makemkv. It's freeware while it stays in beta, but it's been in beta for years and gets monthly updates and works flawlessly. Don't let the fact that it's in "beta" fool you - this is a stable, reliable program. It easily allows you in a few clicks to losslessly remux whatever files on the disc you want to mkv with your choice of audio files and subtitles, and for 3D discs, you can select whether you want it remuxed in 3D (select avc and mvc options) or just 2D (deselect the mvc option). It takes just seconds to select what you want.

It also allows ripping of 4K/HDR movies as well. MakeMKV is a great piece of software with good support.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The French Zappiti offers a complete and convenient solution.
Please read the following reports from Hong Kong.
They are in Chinese and pls use google translate :

http://www.avbuzz.com/audio-video/201910/zappiti-nas-open/

http://www.avbuzz.com/audio-video/201910/nas-1/

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing