Active crossover speakers/systems - what are current options?

Brucemck2

Member Sponsor
May 10, 2010
Houston area
Pro Audio Technology makes nice actives. They're not particularly wife friendly and are intended to go on baffle walls or similar:
http://proaudiotechnology.com/scr-2115sm.html

The oldsters on this thread likely remember Paul Hales, and these are his modern incarnation

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
I had and regret selling , a pair of passive Osborn epitomes with bass towers, beautifully made in Aussie , bubinga wood..
Some seriously good stuff comes out of aussie

theophile

I've been using the KRK Expose E8B monitors for the last 4 years. They are the most anonymous speakers I have ever heard. By that I mean after 4 years I really couldn't tell you what they sound like; other than: They sound like everything I do to the preceding components. Full stop. Nothing else. They are chameleons. Shape shifters. They rock. They nail choral music. They nail orchestral music. They nail Jazz. They don't favour anything. They tell you everything you wanted to know about what precedes them. From the recording to the true nature of every component that has an influence upon what is conveyed to their input terminals. True monitors.

Perfect for fine tuning every aspect of the entire system.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Goldmund Prologos, Nano Metis and Satya
Kef LS50 active mated with a seemless subwoofer like TBI
KII 3

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Since the thread states "active crossover speakers/systems", that would include those that are fully active, i.e. Meridian, Beolab, etc...and all fully self-contained with all amplification needed and crossover at/in the speaker themselves. It would also include actively crossed over speaker options where such as those other mentioned. Additionally, you can consider Legacy FocusSE, Aeris, Whisper XDS and "V" with the Wavelet active crossover and RoomEQ device (also can serve as a DAC and Pre-amp) as they are all now actively crossed over, the Wavelet is an external device and the speakers are all partially powered in an off themselves (ICE amps in the towers for bass and sub-bass). There are other examples of this latter category as well on the market...

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing