Ah.... so this is what it means to be a common man....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Let it go and enjoy life! I would be listening to that Claire Martin recording, or that Benny Green CD I recommended.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I have never had good experiences on large cruise ships going to Mexico or the Islands. Are these different?

BTW, we are hugely blessed and lucky to live in our vacation house permanently. This is a quick snapshot with my phone just now:

That is also the view from my listening room so life is good as it is without aggravation of travel :).

Thanks for the suggestion anyway and effort to mediate elsewhere.

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
your going to need a faster boat than that amir...

nice view :)

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I have never had good experiences on large cruise ships going to Mexico or the Islands. Are these different?

BTW, we are hugely blessed and lucky to live in our vacation house permanently. This is a quick snapshot with my phone just now:

That is also the view from my listening room so life is good as it is without aggravation of travel :).

Thanks for the suggestion anyway and effort to mediate elsewhere.

beautiful spot, Amir.

you are a lucky man to live in such a place.

enjoy.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I have been on Seabourne cruises in the Mediterranean on both 800 passenger ships and 125 passengers as well. The 125 are great but even 850 is pleasant. Seabourne sold most of the smaller ships to Windstar. Well worth checking out IMHO.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
BTW clarifying something based on emails I have been getting. I have made no agreement with Steve regarding this action. I am still 50% owner of the forum and plan to be here. There have been no new plans or agreement to which I am a party of.

Steve I guess decided it was within his rights to terminate my status as an admin and change the locks on me this morning. This is the only thing that has happened.

I don't still know what to think of that. First thought is to go and listen to some music for now....

One thing I wanted to share is that it's one thing [and your right] to expose and share nasty PMs directed at you (and I will always agree with you that there is no protection for those who send them to you), but it's a different ball game exposing others' communications to 3rd parties unrelated to you, just because you happen to have [had] access to the system. That is a direct attempt at character assassination, and in doing so in the open public probably left you exposed to libel litigation - that was my reaction to recent posts. There is nothing more to say about this... We'll see what Steve has to say.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
What a beautiful spot Amir! Enjoy it in good health and an unencumbered mind! I know I would! :D

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello ack and good afternoon to you sir. With all due respect to you, the arguments will stop. Points have been made on both sides.

Let's all agree that different viewpoints were made and that not everybody can agree to disagree. Can we all agree to that? With that said, let's peacefully move on without any further arguments. Life is simply to precious for that.
;)

With that said......Rockin' pad ya' got there Amir! Very nice view.

Tom

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
What ever floats your boat(pun intended). i just hope it does not involve sitting in front of a computer screen.

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
just keep a look out for these guys,
sbs20.jpg

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Went to reply to someone's PM but it said I was over my quota. Deleted a few posts and still said the same thing. Went to login into the Admin forum and noticed that option was no longer there. Looked at my title and I am no longer an admin. Just a common man like you guys!!! :D Tried to login using Admin and that password has been changed too.

I have officially been de-throned! The King is no more. First person who says, "long live the king" will be shot!

On a serious note, if you have sent me PM, I can't answer it. And you won't be able to send me any. Feel free to send me email. My email address is my alias here @madronadigital.com.

So anyone hear any good jokes lately?

Welcome to the normal world...above the surface...where the air is abundant and less turbulent than the agitated under waters. :b

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
..., we are hugely blessed and lucky to live in our vacation house permanently. This is a quick snapshot with my phone just now:

That is also the view from my listening room so life is good as it is ... :)

Peaceful & serene ? I like.

* The servants of the kingdom are equal to the queen; not above, and not below.
A servant deserves as much respect as the person who she serves.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
just keep a look out for these guys,
View attachment 26010
The main business of the company I bought the boat from (local company) was to supply them to the military for Iraq War. It has multiple air sealed compartments that can keep it afloat even you shot and punctured the hull in multiple places. It has half inch plate in front of it to be able to beach even in nastiest rockiest shores.

Alas the war ended and with it, the company's core business and they closed the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing