Placebo effects in the extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
If you have photographic memory, then you should remember this reported post four days ago:
I recommended a warning for that poster. You said nothing. Nor took action. So that I and membership are clear on what you mean by fair enforcement of TOS, please walk us through your thought process in taking no action.

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?20061-dCS-Rossini-DAC-amp-Rossini-Clock-Review

Really Amir!!! I feel that any reasonable minded fellow looking at the chronology of how that thread went would note that the 'other' member involved initiated and then escalated his 'attitude ' toward me, swung the first handbag before dragging some old and petty grudge from another forum onto this one, adding nothing but vitriol to his posting.

One might also note that *I* was, and still am, the one who apologised to the OP'er and requested a return to the subject of his thread.
One might also note that *I* complied immediately to the cease and desist request via Lee's moderation!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
No disrespect intended. If I were a mod or admin I would close this thread.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I was cruising the Mexican Riviera last week and was completely off the grid. If you recommended something why didn't you impose the sanction especially when you saw it and I was out of the country.
Nice try Amir
Obfuscate and deflect

If you saw a violation then it is up to you and no one else to impose the sanction so quit trying to shift blame as you always do
Since coming back you have posted three other threads in the admin thread. Right next to that reported post. But took no action.

Let's put that aside. As I said everyone needs to know what is OK and what is not when you said you are going to take the rule out and punish folks. Please walk us though whether you think that requires a sanction and if so, you are willing to hand it out now.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
No disrespect intended. If I were a mod or admin I would close this thread.
Hi Greg. Normally I would agree with you but Steve had told me privately that he was going to bring our conflict in this area into public eye and I have to let him do that.

Sometimes parents fight in front of children and as uncomfortable as that is normally, it has to go on.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
False. History speaks volumes.

Tom
You won't survive that history lesson Tom. You reported my last response to you in this thread the admin forum! *My* response to you. I mean how many forums are out there where moderators report the forum co-founder with a straight face??? You have lost all objectivity and fair thinking.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Just pointing out the facts, sir. :)

Tom

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?20061-dCS-Rossini-DAC-amp-Rossini-Clock-Review

Really Amir!!! I feel that any reasonable minded fellow looking at the chronology of how that thread went would note that the 'other' member involved initiated and then escalated his 'attitude ' toward me, swung the first handbag before dragging some old and petty grudge from another forum onto this one, adding nothing but vitriol to his posting.

One might also note that *I* was, and still am, the one who apologised to the OP'er and requested a return to the subject of his thread.
One might also note that *I* complied immediately to the cease and desist request via Lee's moderation!
OP did not report your post. And yes, you a model of professionalism when you said this as your last post there:

Do try and exercise a little self control Howie, and show some respect for the OP by remaining on topic, or by STFU! Either would suffice.

Now let's compare that to what Steve said violated proper conduct on behalf of the OP in this thread:

In regards to opening the boxes, can you learn enough Amir if you had it X-rayed? Or perhaps slightly heated and then thermal imaging while it cools? Perhaps you know someone with a thermography camera. Or can arrange to rent such equipment. Maybe that in conjunction with Per supplying interior photos during the Entreq construction.

He said this to help with analyzing what is inside of the box since I was not allowed to open it. This is how Steve responded to him:

Any tests that Amir may perform should be done in good faith in an open and transparent manner.
Either he does it with PO providing the box(es) and cables on the basis offered or he does it by buying the boxes and undertaking whatever further examination he chooses.
Your proposal does not meet the good faith test and in my view does not reflect well on this forum

I completely agree Barry and would like to suggest to esldude that perhaps his post is somewhat inflammatory
A purely technical suggestion from a person in a different camp is treated as "inflammatory."

Who here thinks this is fair treatment of both camps?

Finally, the person who reported you Harlequin had said super unkind words about me behind the scenes. Yet when he reported your post, I put that aside and backed him. My job is to judge every situation fairly and properly. I owe it to you all to put all of that aside and govern the forum without my emotional baggage.

It is the lack of the same principal that stops me from supporting Steve in what he is saying. He must demonstrate evenhandedness or else it is a corrupt court and I can't allow it to happen.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I'm done Amir

The facts speak for themselves.

And they paint a picture of you as the worse enemy of objectivists in this forum. And that you are determined to drive them all out. If you are OK with that fact, then we can move on. If you are not, then I am going to post more data and "facts."

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Just a quick note. I have been getting a few PMs from people thinking something drastically gone wrong with the forum. That is not exactly the case. What you saw unfolding in front of you has been going on for months. It is just the first time it is clearly visible to you. My mission to make sure WBF is run fairly and a great place for both audio camps to co-exist continues. Pressure to get rid of objectivist camp has been going on and continues to be the case but it has no foundation in who we set out to be and promise we made you. We created a forum which as its founders had Steve and I. That had the implicit promise that both camps are welcome and encouraged to participate freely here. While it is not fun, I have worked to make that happen for the last few months and will continue to do so. I have the time and energy to both be active on the forum and deal with these things behind the scenes.

A note of thanks is in order. You should not be subject to such divided management. But you are and have been great contributors to the success of the forum. Regardless of which camp you are in, let me say how much I appreciate you contributing to each other and our community here.

Best regards,
The King of Audio

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
don't know what camp i fit into, i certainly don't fit into this dress any more:(
tennerife-carnival_2835872k.jpg

you cant have a king without a queen...,

' im free'

Andrew Stenhouse

Feb 14, 2016
Sydney, Australia
I can't believe 'are you being served' is known outside outside of the UK, and by viewers of a ' certain' age.
Keith.

Hi Keith,

It was staple fare growing up in NZ - along with every other 1960's and 70's ITV and BBC show (NZ really was like a mini England). Remember "Robin's Nest" and "The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin", "Hi-De-Hi!", "Dad's Army" etc?

A TV channel in Australia is actually playing "Are you being Served" from the beginning atm - it is like a time warp. Another has Fawlty Towers on. Classics. Makes a nice change from the rubbish reality home cooking shows that plague us these days with their "villains" and "heroes of the dish".

Thank goodness for hi fi!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
How dare you say you are the King of Audio. The true King of Audio left the forum many months ago....after he got tired of dealing with the 'Chaff'! I don't blame him at all after a remark like that!!
Oh that King. I think I am much prettier as I am sure you and everyone else will agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing