Audiopax Maggiore L50/M50 review!

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Hi!

Finally, the first review of the new Audiopax product line, the Maggiore L50 preamp and M50 monoblocs!

http://highfidelity.pl/@main-628&lang=en

Here's a nice quote from the review:

"Performance of this set reminded me of that of the Naim Statement. Some differences were obvious; but so were the similarities. It was an amazingly refined sound of similar class as Naim's but also Einstein'sand Ayon's (Spheris III + Crossfire Evo). Similarities in terms of richness of the sound, tangibility, large, three dimensional phantom images and fantastic resolution.

The latter is simply remarkable – Audiopax delivered even more resolving sound than my own, reference system, which so far happened only once with the aforementioned mentioned Naim Statement. I mean 'real' resolution and not just the, often mistaken for it, highly detailed and selective sound. It is a resolving and yet warm sound. Without even as much as a hint of artificial 'warmth', as this amp delivers particularly linear performance, and yet the sound is warm."

We're the US distributor for Audiopax, and we're very happy with the reception so far in Europe. In 2016, we'll get the ball rolling over here in the US as well!

If anybody is interested in an audition of these products (or any Audiopax), please contact me!

thanks,
Alex

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Great review.
I am pretty happy with my Maggiore pre and powers + Lampizator Big7.
As far as I know Naim Statement costs around $240,000. Almost 5x the Maggiore.

Vicks7

Jul 1, 2013
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Thanks for posting this. I will read the review.

I have been a long-time user of Audiopax and currently have the Maggiore M100 and the Model 5 and very happy with the sound.

James

Hi!

Finally, the first review of the new Audiopax product line, the Maggiore L50 preamp and M50 monoblocs!

http://highfidelity.pl/@main-628&lang=en

Here's a nice quote from the review:

"Performance of this set reminded me of that of the Naim Statement. Some differences were obvious; but so were the similarities. It was an amazingly refined sound of similar class as Naim's but also Einstein'sand Ayon's (Spheris III + Crossfire Evo). Similarities in terms of richness of the sound, tangibility, large, three dimensional phantom images and fantastic resolution.

The latter is simply remarkable – Audiopax delivered even more resolving sound than my own, reference system, which so far happened only once with the aforementioned mentioned Naim Statement. I mean 'real' resolution and not just the, often mistaken for it, highly detailed and selective sound. It is a resolving and yet warm sound. Without even as much as a hint of artificial 'warmth', as this amp delivers particularly linear performance, and yet the sound is warm."

We're the US distributor for Audiopax, and we're very happy with the reception so far in Europe. In 2016, we'll get the ball rolling over here in the US as well!

If anybody is interested in an audition of these products (or any Audiopax), please contact me!

thanks,
Alex

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Hi James!

If you're in Brazil, you have to talk to Silvio, and check out the new preamp. It's truly a step above the Model 5, which was already an excellent piece!

A customer of ours in California traded a very famous tube preamp for the new L50! He was reluctant at first (and so were we, as his prior preamp was a jewel), but when paired with the new M50, the L50 was noticeably better/quieter!

cheers,
alex

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Hi James!

If you're in Brazil, you have to talk to Silvio, and check out the new preamp. It's truly a step above the Model 5, which was already an excellent piece!

A customer of ours in California traded a very famous tube preamp for the new L50! He was reluctant at first (and so were we, as his prior preamp was a jewel), but when paired with the new M50, the L50 was noticeably better/quieter!

cheers,
alex

Totally agree.

Vicks7

Jul 1, 2013
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Thanks, I have since upgraded to the L50 and it is truly an incredible preamp and a huge step up from the Model 5.

Hi James!

cheers,
alex

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
James,

Congrats on the upgrade :)
Next upgrade: the EXACT modules for your Evolution Acoustics (I assume you still have those...) You have no idea the difference those babies do to what's an already impressive speaker!

cheers,
alex

Vicks7

Jul 1, 2013
Sao Paulo, Brazil
James,

Congrats on the upgrade :)
Next upgrade: the EXACT modules for your Evolution Acoustics (I assume you still have those...) You have no idea the difference those babies do to what's an already impressive speaker!

cheers,
alex

Alex, man, you are reading my mind! This is exactly (!) what I want to do next and was speaking to Jonathan recently. Does it really make for a significant upgrade instead of adding the additional subwoofer to go to MM3 status? Have you auditioned the speakers with and without the exact module?

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Alex, man, you are reading my mind! This is exactly (!) what I want to do next and was speaking to Jonathan recently. Does it really make for a significant upgrade instead of adding the additional subwoofer to go to MM3 status? Have you auditioned the speakers with and without the exact module?

Hahahaha I know what's good, man :)

Yes, I've heard them with and without the EXACT module, as we've had the MM3s in the store for a while before getting the EXACT module just a few months ago. It was quite the revelation, I tell ya... We have them today, and it's uncanny how plain "right" they are, even with the modest darTZeel LHC-208!

Kevin was here recently too for an event, and he did mention the MM3s should sound better than an MM2 too, simply because that extra woofer makes the sound project via a perfect MTM.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing