The Direct to Disc thread

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
The Toto "Porcaro brothers" moved on a 'higher" plane. I always go back to that album, Mike, because of all the intricate percussion patterns embedded on that album; blows me away. I could be wrong, but I think that album was commissioned by Yamaha to showcase the latest piano synthesizers.
The first time I heard this cut at a car audio shop, I was floored. I immediately drove to a local Tower Record store and bought the album.

Reactions: Stu

Manos_Bits

Apr 13, 2014
ATHENS - GREECE
www.aca.gr
Hi fellows, I have discovered a black diamond and like to share it here with you..
"Woody Shaw – In My Own Sweet Way" DMM pressing 150g vinyl
this is a miraculous performance grabbed in a vinyl record with both unbelievable sound and music
it's one of the best recorded and pressed vinyl in my collection generally independently of the music genre
the fantastic sound and performance of this record also makes easy to reveal each small or big level changes in system upgrades
I own both limited and normal editions they' re both excellent they cost low if you find grab the limited 150g edition
It will be well acceptable if someone buys the record and shares impressions here

1680081838276.jpg

Reactions: MikeHorns

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Reactions: mtemur

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reactions: mtemur

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Hi fellows, I have discovered a black diamond and like to share it here with you..
"Woody Shaw – In My Own Sweet Way" DMM pressing 150g vinyl
this is a miraculous performance grabbed in a vinyl record with both unbelievable sound and music
it's one of the best recorded and pressed vinyl in my collection generally independently of the music genre
the fantastic sound and performance of this record also makes easy to reveal each small or big level changes in system upgrades
I own both limited and normal editions they' re both excellent they cost low if you find grab the limited 150g edition
It will be well acceptable if someone buys the record and shares impressions here

View attachment 106800
This is not a D2D. The one D2D that is also DMM that i'm aware of was by Stockfisch.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
the M&K Flamenco Fever is an old war-horse for sure, I find this record matches the sonics of FF but musically far more intersting:

1707326525456.png

Manos_Bits

Apr 13, 2014
ATHENS - GREECE
www.aca.gr
This is not a D2D. The one D2D that is also DMM that i'm aware of was by Stockfisch.
of course it's not D2D I am clearly mention it as DMM.. but it would be fool to open a different thread for DMM's..
regards

Manos_Bits

Apr 13, 2014
ATHENS - GREECE
www.aca.gr
IMHO these are the best sounding D2D records ever made. Don’t miss when you come across one of these.
View attachment 124837

For God say!! I' ve got every Sheffield Lab record (in my early audiophile era when I bought what everyone 'golden ear' say and not what I my ears said).. no one of those records sounds even in an acceptable sound quality level, all total trash!! I have mentioned this some time ago in this forum.. Sorry for disagree, this is my absolute personal opinion..

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
For God say!! I' ve got every Sheffield Lab record (in my early audiophile era when I bought what everyone 'golden ear' say and not what I my ears said).. no one of those records sounds even in an acceptable sound quality level, all total trash!! I have mentioned this some time ago in this forum.. Sorry for disagree, this is my absolute personal opinion..

There is no need to be sorry, you shared your opinion, it's ok.

Reactions: Manos_Bits

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
of course it's not D2D I am clearly mention it as DMM.. but it would be fool to open a different thread for DMM's..
regards
No worries. I've not heard the Woody Shaw record you cite, but in general I abhor DMM mastering. By in large they sound screechy and threadbare when compared to the same title cut from lacquer.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing