Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Direct to Disc thread

Quote Originally Posted by fullaudiot View Post
    I got the Joe Beard LP and heard it yesterday the second time on my new Analogue setup - a very audiopile record - intense - i can recommend this one.
    i definitely go for the others AP DTD also.
    Thank you. Now on my short list.

I just ordered these two. Contemporary vocal jazz. Dont know if any one has these direct to disc. Will say if they are any good when arrive.

Name:  IMG_3226.JPG
Views: 252
Size:  105.2 KB

Name:  IMG_3227.JPG
Views: 256
Size:  63.7 KB

Tang

Name:  download_69_m.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  9.5 KB

Nitin Sawhney - One Zero 5LP D2D Box Set
    Vertere MG-1 Magic Groove / Vertere SG-1HB Tonearm / Ortofon A95
    Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe - Active Sanders Sound 10c

I will post this in the for sale section of WBF but I have found these 3 Sheffield Direct To Disc LP's. Brand new, still in the cellophane, never played. If interested, please PM me. I have no clue what they are worth but hopefully we can work something out.

Name:  ThelmaHoustonFront.JPG
Views: 255
Size:  278.2 KB

Name:  P1000680.JPG
Views: 253
Size:  357.1 KB

Name:  P1000678.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  377.4 KB

I am really wondering if all that written above about Sheffield Lab D2D recordings are serious.. I believe all that Sheffield Lab records are really crap and rubbish!! the sound is dull and tiny, having squeezed imaging, non-musical, hard to be auditioned, tiring to ears.. I started to collect those 'audiophile' craps in the beginning of my audiophile era, have rid off most of them happily in good prices!! bad recordings, with the stressful mood of the musicians fearing of the 'one pass per side error', been very obvious.. there are really some nice D2D recordings, I will try to publish some here..

Quote Originally Posted by Manos_Bits View Post
    I will try to publish some here..
    Please do, Manos.

I just revisit this post. The Jocelyn album I posted up top sucks.

Kind regards,
    Tang

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    That is interesting Manos.

I love the recording quality and the sound of Amanda McBroom’s Growing Up In Hollywood Town and the Thelma Houston. They are two of the most transparent female recordings I have ever heard.

Musically, I like “The Rose” and “I’ve Got the Music in Me.”
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000; tonearms: SME 3012R, Schröder LT; cartridges: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2, Air Tight Opus-1; tape: Studer A820 Mk II; phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse; line stage: VTL TL-7.5 Series III; amplifier: VTL Siegfried Series II; loudspeaker: Gryphon Pendragon; cables: MasterBuilt Ultra; stands: Vintage Audio Nothing racks, Herzan TS-140/Taiko Tana for Io, Stacore Basic+ for amps; power: Torus AVR60BAL; room: 19' wide X 24' long X 14' tall; acoustic treatment: ASC IsoThermal Tube Traps, Lumitex drapes

hello dear Ron..
    with respect your opinion even I do not fully agree..
    as I remember the only two records from Sheffield Lab that have a good all around production (not something the extraordinary) are the Sheffield Lab 7 - Wagner-Erich-Leinsdorf-Los-Angeles-Philharmonic-Die-Walküre-Ride-Of-The-Valkyries-Tristan-Und-Isold and Sheffield Lab 8 - Prokofiev-Erich-Leinsdorf-Romeo-And-Juliet-Ballet-Excerpts.. on the other side recordings like Lincoln-Mayorga-Brahms-Variations-And-Fugue-On-A-Theme-By-Handel - Sheffield Lab 4 are of the most badly made, with thin muddy sound and out of phase..

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Hi-FiGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Manos_Bits View Post
    I am really wondering if all that written above about Sheffield Lab D2D recordings are serious.. I believe all that Sheffield Lab records are really crap and rubbish!! the sound is dull and tiny, having squeezed imaging, non-musical, hard to be auditioned, tiring to ears.. I started to collect those 'audiophile' craps in the beginning of my audiophile era, have rid off most of them happily in good prices!! bad recordings, with the stressful mood of the musicians fearing of the 'one pass per side error', been very obvious.. there are really some nice D2D recordings, I will try to publish some here..
    I find this mostly true. Most of the Sheffield Labs I find noisy and blah. When I found this thread I jumped up and went and bought most of them and was so disappointed musically.

Last weekend I dug all D2D and other "audiophile" recordings out and gave them a spin to see if some marinating sweetened them up a bit...not so much!

Found almost all of them at $10 or less, guess you get what you pay for. More than likely they will be listed on ebay and will see what current market conditions are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    That is interesting Manos.

I love the recording quality and the sound of Amanda McBroom’s Growing Up In Hollywood Town and the Thelma Houston. They are two of the most transparent female recordings I have ever heard.

Musically, I like “The Rose” and “I’ve Got the Music in Me.”
    When I started this hobby in the 80s, dealers were using the Amanda Growing Up in Hollywood as a demo disc. It is still a reference for many of my friends till present day. I am on my 4th copy, with another as back up.
    Phil

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast