TTs with multiple tonearms

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi all, which TTs have multiple tonearms, and how many here own such TTs with more than one tonearm set up?

I know TW Raven, Verdier, Kuzma Stabi XL and Techdas have that facility

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Awesome Halcro, which TT is the second one, and which are the respective arms and carts that you have on them?

Ok, seems a Direct Drive Victor. What's the rest of your system?

Halcro

Dec 25, 2012
That is a Victor TT-101 DD set in a purpose made solid polished granite cradle with purpose made solid bronze armpods supporting a Fidelity Research FR-64s, an SAEC WE-8000/ST and a Dynavector DV-507/II.
On the Raven AC-2, there is the DaVinci 12" Grandezza Ref, the Fidelity Research FR-66s and the Continuum Copperhead.

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
Putting records on either of those TT must be like playing a game of Operation! :)

That is a Victor TT-101 DD set in a purpose made solid polished granite cradle with purpose made solid bronze armpods supporting a Fidelity Research FR-64s, an SAEC WE-8000/ST and a Dynavector DV-507/II.
On the Raven AC-2, there is the DaVinci 12" Grandezza Ref, the Fidelity Research FR-66s and the Continuum Copperhead.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Sorry to trickle down the questions, but which carts? I heard the same Da Vinci on Thorens Acrylic yesterday, with top of the line Jan Allertz cart

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Wave Kinetics NVS direct drive turntable, with -2- 12" Durand Telos arms. the NVS is one of very few tt's that can handle -2- 12" arms without needing pivoted/cantilevered arm boards. the NVS sits on a Herzan TS-140 active isolation platform. both arms are plugged into separate phono stages in my new darTZeel NHB-18NS preamp. siting on top of the pressing is the Durand Record Weight.

the arm on the left side is the 'stock' 12" Telos with the composite arm wand. I use it for my mono pressings and it has a Miyajima Premium Be mono cartridge.

the arm on the right side is the Telos Sapphire with composite arm wand. the Sapphire has 'special metal' weights and sapphire bearing tower, an inverted bearing, and sapphire pieces for it's azimuth bridge. it has a stereo Ortofon MC Anna cartridge.

NVS with 2 Durand Telos arms-2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Chris F

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, ON, Canada
From the VPI lineup; Avenger can do 3 and Classic 4 can do 2. Also, they are coming out with a second arm adapter for the Prime eventually.

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
stacks_image_1396.jpg

Funk Firm Super Deck Grande Turntable 9 & 12inch arms

Reactions: Scott Naylor

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Clearaudio innovation, master, and statement.
Verdier
VPI classic 4 and Avenger
Brinkmann - various models
AMG v12
Techdas various
Acoustic Signature
Transrotor various

Last edited:

Halcro

Dec 25, 2012
Sorry to trickle down the questions, but which carts? I heard the same Da Vinci on Thorens Acrylic yesterday, with top of the line Jan Allertz cart

Sorry Bonzo...didn't see your question on cartridges...
I have over 40 cartridges so the choices change on a regular basis (except for the Copperhead which is a 'pig' to work on..:mad:). So Signet TK-7CLa on that.

jeromelang

Dec 26, 2011
Infinitely better to have multiple tone arms than to have multiple turntables!
A second turntable just be being there physically can have a degratory effect on the rest of the system.

but with only 2 arms, the user would have to choose between vta adherence or mono imaging solidity.

Altanpsx

Sep 10, 2014
Dr. Feickert Blackbird, Firebird (easiest/most felxible tonearm setup imo)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Sorry Bonzo...didn't see your question on cartridges...
I have over 40 cartridges so the choices change on a regular basis (except for the Copperhead which is a 'pig' to work on..:mad:). So Signet TK-7CLa on that.

Halcro - you are my new role model - not crazy expensive and you love to swap between different arms, carts, etc.

I assume you like Koetsus. Do you have a Coralstone, and where are you seeing the best combo? Same for an Ortofon A90/95/Anna if you have one?

Any other cartridges that make you go Wow?

Asking from the point of view of tone and realism on individual instruments as well as separation, slam, and dynamics on complex orchestral

Halcro

Dec 25, 2012
Halcro - you are my new role model - not crazy expensive and you love to swap between different arms, carts, etc.
Haha...thanks Bonzo. Not so sure I will remain so......
I prefer a lot of vintage MM cartridges to LOMCs and some of my favourite MCs are also vintage like the FR-7 series and SPUs....
https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/758
Here is my System Page from Audiogon...:cool:
It's not really up to date as I have several more cartridges which are not yet added like three Victor X1 and Z1 as well as the AT33MONO and the SPU Silver Meister...
But what really made me go Wow was the London Decca Reference I just acquired

Attachments

• P1080350.JPG
    P1080350.JPG
    879.3 KB · Views: 489
  • P1080360.jpg
    P1080360.jpg
    605.3 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:

Halcro

Dec 25, 2012
Sorry photos are so large. Don't know how that happened...?

Luiz Felipe

Jan 30, 2014
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
bergmann novo.jpg

This is the new model from Bergmann Turntables till 4 arms air bearing and vacuum pump.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing