installing 7 Furutech GTX-D NFC (R) outlets this morning

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Thanks for the info. It sounds like the power cable wouldn’t make as “flush” of a connection with the receptacle with the small gap you describe. Is that so? It’s been awhile since I installed my non-NCF outlets/GTX/outlet cover - is the Teflon sheet an accessory that came with the GTX? That’s what I’m inferring from your reply and perhaps better fits the context of the Furutech description of the 105-D.

The teflon sheet comes with the wall plate.

The 105 D NCF cover is perfectly flush with the GTX receptacle with no "tension" on the cover, adding 1/2 turn bows it in slightly.

I totally get the confusion on this, it's unconventional and seems like the parts don't fit quite right, but Furutech has said this cover design is better and it's done intentionally.

ayreman

Jan 2, 2017
Ukraine
I have a question to all those who replaced their AC and IEC connectors from Oyaide M1/F1 to FI-50M NCF(R)/FI-50 NCF(R)?

In this thread some members did mention the fact that they had made the switch but failed to provide a clear description of what exactly they liked with the Furutech more and in what areas Furutech is superior to Oyaide. Thank you!

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hi.
Testing my brand new NCF Booster.
Really interesting tweak.
I have it supporting my Göbel PC on the IEC TAD C600 connector.
It has a really audible improvement.
More focused image, less noise floor, sweeter highs, more organic sound, warmer presentation, more depth...
Maybe it lacks both ends extension or it is the result of less distortion....
I feel less dynamic presentation.
I couldn’t imagine such a sound change...
I have to try removing the top cover to see if i get a middle impact sonic signature.
Until now, too much impact on sound.
27EC7E4E-79F3-41C9-BDA4-674E96858F1C.jpg
331FA060-1099-41A0-9E00-C85731111CAC.jpg

Reactions: hongkongfoufou

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Hi.
More focused image, less noise floor, sweeter highs, more organic sound, warmer presentation, more depth...
I have to try removing the top cover to see if i get a middle impact sonic signature.
View attachment 39405
View attachment 39406
I bought both the outlets and the NCF cable boosters for my new showroom which is not yet finished.
I have however had a few clients purchase the cable boosters to try and both of them have purchased additional units telling me that they were totally surprised at how much of a positive difference they made.
I really purchased them because the Gobel power cords are large and heavy and in some applications these would be able to support them and hold them in place perfectly. We had an issue like this originally at Priaptor's. I had put them on the back burner since I have a lot of things going on and sitting down to try one of these wasnt a top priority. After receiving the feedback I am going to have to make time to get that done. Next trip to hear my speakers at the Priaptor's lair is going to have to be it before Axpona happens. Get ready Howie!!!!!!!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hi.

NCF Booster is widely used by Hong Kong audiophiles.
Our experience is that it should be used for high current positions such as wallsockets, power-conditioners, poweramps ... etc
Using them on small current positions may have the pitfalls of reduced airiness/ambiance/dynamics.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Our experience is that it should be used for high current positions such as wallsockets, power-conditioners, poweramps ... etc
Using them on small current positions may have the pitfalls of reduced airiness/ambiance/dynamics.

Thank you CK.

What differences have you find between high vs low current booster positions?
I have my booster supporting a new Göbel PC that it is still on burning progress....
The Göbel PC is connected to the big TAD C600 power supply.
I have to wait until break in progress finish to do different tests....

Regards.

Last edited:

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain

Hi CK.

I'm agree with your experience. Once PC fully broken, the NCF Booster makes the effect you describe.
I was working on spikes, toe in, until i've removed it and sound returns to glorious development.

Greetings....

ayreman

Jan 2, 2017
Ukraine
CKKeung, are you using the NCF Booster on the power cord of your ARC 40 Anniv preamp? If so, what are the results?

ayreman

Jan 2, 2017
Ukraine
Stereophonic, can you be more specific? What exactly have you recently discovered about NCF Booster that you could share with us? Please give us as much detail as you can!

alfa100

Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
I have a question to all those who replaced their AC and IEC connectors from Oyaide M1/F1 to FI-50M NCF(R)/FI-50 NCF(R)?

In this thread some members did mention the fact that they had made the switch but failed to provide a clear description of what exactly they liked with the Furutech more and in what areas Furutech is superior to Oyaide. Thank you!
i did this upgrade some time back and was pleased. Furutech provided a solid image, tight bass and smooth sound. big improvement. Oyaide has a very tight connection which could cause stripping . Haven't looked back . in fact the Oyaides are just laying around collecting dust.

purevinyl

Jan 7, 2018
currently have the GTX- NCF wall outlet.

was thinking about trying the GTX wall plate and 105-D NCF cover plate, anyone have feedback on adding this combo to the GTX-NCF wall outlet?

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
currently have the GTX- NCF wall outlet.

was thinking about trying the GTX wall plate and 105-D NCF cover plate, anyone have feedback on adding this combo to the GTX-NCF wall outlet?

I have tried both with and without, the difference is clear but subtle vs the difference the GTX NCF makes over most other receptacles. The frame and cover are very high quality parts and do look nice! :)

SolidCore

Jun 23, 2018
Hello together
I am from Germany, hope you understand my bad English.
I also have tried various Power Connectors, and the difference between Rhodium, Gold, Copper contacts.
But its not only the Connector, which make the Sound. I have tried Oyaide C-004, but not with the Plastic Housing, i test Aluminium housing on it by Sonarquest,
and the Sound goes nearly the better F-1 Connector. Then i tried to eliminate the resonance of the Plug, by putting various Materials under it, to stable it.
The Sound will make an improvement, near the same as other Plugs. Very interesting, before i thought, only the Connector make the Difference.

Greetings
Stephan

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Then i tried to eliminate the resonance of the Plug, by putting various Materials under it, to stable it.
The Sound will make an improvement, near the same as other Plugs. Very interesting, before i thought, only the Connector make the Difference.

Hello Stephan,

Have you tried the NCF Booster under your plug.

Kind regards,
Tang

SolidCore

Jun 23, 2018
Hello Tang

No. Have no dealer near me to test it. But think it can be a good addon, cause the same idea with other materials works.

Greetings
Stephan

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hello Tang

No. Have no dealer near me to test it. But think it can be a good addon, cause the same idea with other materials works.

Greetings
Stephan

I am using cartridge boxes to support inlets that go into my equipments. I am silly and cheap these days. :D

Bests,
Tang

Tecknik1

May 29, 2017
HCM VietNam
I've been following this thread for sometime now and took the plunge in steps, started off with upgrading my IEC on all my equipment to the FI-09 NSF,wow" everything that has been mentioned about these IEC is true and in spades.I was so impressed with the increase SQ that I replaced the Synergistic black UEF which I was quite happy with until this thread convinced me to go with the GTX D NSF, again wow what increase in SQ and for the cost. I continued and replaced several Power cords with FI 50,s to the NSF versions along with purchasing 3 Furutech FP-S55N bulk cable terminated with the FI 50 NSF. The new S55n replaced Shunyata Sigmas and Alpha NR cables. While I cant really give a comparison with only a couple hrs on the them they show great promise.

WBF continues to be the BEST most informative audio site for true audiophiles out there. You guys know your stuff.

Thanks,
Steven

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
I am looking for some advice regarding break in of FI-50 NCF IEC plugs. A few days ago I replaced the IEC plug on one of my power cords with a FI-50 NCF and it now has a little over 60 hours of running time. Compared to the previous IEC plug, a Furutech FI-11 Ag, the sound is smoother and slightly more detailed but significantly lacking in bass weight.

No doubt the sound will change with more hours, but can I expect the LF tonal balance to improve after more use?

The power cord feeds a FI-06 Gold chassis inlet.

ayreman

Jan 2, 2017
Ukraine
I am looking for some advice regarding break in of FI-50 NCF IEC plugs. A few days ago I replaced the IEC plug on one of my power cords with a FI-50 NCF and it now has a little over 60 hours of running time. Compared to the previous IEC plug, a Furutech FI-11 Ag, the sound is smoother and slightly more detailed but significantly lacking in bass weight.

No doubt the sound will change with more hours, but can I expect the LF tonal balance to improve after more use?

The power cord feeds a FI-06 Gold chassis inlet.

It's gonna get much worse before it gets better. Brace yourself for an agonizing 500-hrs break-in. It's real painful but worth it. In the end - you'll be smiling and very happy.

P.S. Get rid of the gold wherever you can in your system. Rhodium is the only way to go!

ayreman

Jan 2, 2017
Ukraine
Hey Mike & Dave, have you tried out Furutech 105.1 NCF receptacle cover yet? If so, how does it differ from 105-D NCF (and I have 4 of 105-D NCF in my system)? We look forward to your impressions!:cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing