CES 2016: Revel Salon 2 and Infineon

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Proof number 1025 that class D amplifiers can sound beautiful:

What's that? You have not heard of Infineon? You need to turn in your audiophile card.

OK, you can be forgiven for not knowing this company but perhaps you recognize the name Siemens which spun off their semiconductor division under this name. They are a dominant player in car electronic components. I was chatting with them about them being spun off just a few years ago and they guy says that was back in 1999! I fell of my chair at the thought of how fast time flies.

The story did not end there. They got acquired by one of favorite semiconductor companies, International Rectifier. If your component has MOSFET transistors, it is probably from them. Their parts are everywhere from your heating/air conditioner to your car and of course some of your electronics.

They were here promoting their components in class D amplifiers and switchmode power supplies. Amazing to see such tiny stereo 300 watt amplifiers. The sound through my favorite loudspeakers, Revel Salon 2 was sublime. The first person who says I am biased in saying that, will be shot and hung in the public square!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing