Found Some Long Lost CD's

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
I had to move out of my office last year, tossed everything into a spare bedroom at home. I'm still finding things, but never when I need them and forget being in a hurry. Stuff is stacked to the ceiling in places, still boxed up.

Anyway, I went into my home office/storage room/spare bedroom today looking for something and found my hidden stash of CD's I used to play at my office.

This is better than buying new CD's, these are old friends, lost in the sands of time.

What's your lost and found CD story?

Hidden in your car, your boat or lent to a friend which you forgot giving it to?

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
After several years of missing it, I found Flim & the BB's: Big Notes in the center console of my truck, tucked into the pages of the owner's manual. I had found the empty case partially ajar, and a quick look in the console didn't reveal the disc. Although not really a great, "classic" performance, the disc had sentimental value as I'd carried it to early CES shows as a reference demo. I remember my big Apogees' bass panels flapping when the door slams in the Funhouse track.

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Notes-Fli...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272513441&sr=1-1

Another disc that turned up is LangLang's Live at Carnegie Hall, a wonderful piano recital in the famous acoustics of Carnegie. The SACD captures just the right amount of hall ambience to make the multichannel an enjoyable (rather than artificial) experience. I had loaned it out and thought that it was never returned. After satisfying myself that my friend did actually return it (his wounds have healed!), I found it months later where it had fallen behind a cabinet in the listening room. He had placed it precariously, and it was gone before I ever saw it there!

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Carnegie...r_1_56?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272513989&sr=1-56

Lee

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
During a recent move, I found an old box of cassette tapes I made back when I used to make tapes from various vinyl album cuts. Mix tapes. Remember those? Remember recording from vinyl to cassette? I used to play the cassettes in my car. Looking at the song lists on the side of the cassette covers brought back memories. Slipped one into an old cassette player, then another and another. The tape degraded so bad it was just a bunch of garble with big gaps of silence.

I like your stories better!

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
The tape degraded so bad it was just a bunch of garble with big gaps of silence.
I know where my old tapes are. However I have not played them in two years, and then on a portable because the radio was shot. Several of my tapes were recorded off the air in the summer's of 1979 and 1980, from a WRIF show playing songs of the 1960's and early 1970's. You never hear most of those songs played now, not even on the classic rock stations or radio specials. Once these are gone they are gone. I played these tape a lot when I went to college and got homesick.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing