My new Artisan Fidelity Garrard 301 Statement

bgupton

Sep 23, 2014
San Francisco, CA
My Artisan Fidelity Garrard 301 Statement is finally complete. Looking forward to receiving it. Thought you guys might appreciate some pics since it's a new veneer he's not used before.

IMG_0128.JPG IMG_0129.JPG IMG_0130.JPG IMG_0132.JPG Garrard_301_Statement_Dalbergia_Cearensis_by_Artisan_Fidelity___Turntables___Hammond__Indiana_46.jpg

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
wow!

stunning! congrats.

it makes me wish for my Dobbins Garrard 301 with the Loricraft power supply back. I loved that tt. it was a force of nature. it made me smile every time I listened to it.

enjoy.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
What a work of art! Very nice sir, congrat's!

Tom

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
That is truly beautiful and quite unique in appearance, hope you get many years of listening enjoyment with it! Curious to know what that veneer is, a great choice.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi what cart, arm, and phono do you have? Anyone knows any well-set up Artisan Fidelity on the East Coast?

bgupton

Sep 23, 2014
San Francisco, CA
That is truly beautiful and quite unique in appearance, hope you get many years of listening enjoyment with it! Curious to know what that veneer is, a great choice.

It's called Kingwood. Originally I wanted Cocobolo, but we couldn't find a sample that would give us the deep gold hue's I wanted AND have interesting figuring.

bgupton

Sep 23, 2014
San Francisco, CA
Hi what cart, arm, and phono do you have? Anyone knows any well-set up Artisan Fidelity on the East Coast?

The arms in the pics are mine or at least will be when it all arrives. I'll be putting my Koetsu Blue Lace on the Ikeda and a miyajima zero mono cartridge on the Schroeder CB-1. My SUT is a Auditorium 23 Hommage.

The Ikeda comes with an extra headshell, so I'm actually thinking about getting another stereo cart to put in the CB-1 and then putting the Zero in the spare headshell. If I go that route, I'll either get a EMT JSD6 Gold (which my SUT is optimal for) or maybe an Air Tight PC-1 Supreme once I investigate whether my SUT is a good mate for it.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The arms in the pics are mine or at least will be when it all arrives. I'll be putting my Koetsu Blue Lace on the Ikeda and a miyajima zero mono cartridge on the Schroeder CB-1. My SUT is a Auditorium 23 Hommage.

The Ikeda comes with an extra headshell, so I'm actually thinking about getting another stereo cart to put in the CB-1 and then putting the Zero in the spare headshell. If I go that route, I'll either get a EMT JSD6 Gold (which my SUT is optimal for) or maybe an Air Tight PC-1 Supreme once I investigate whether my SUT is a good mate for it.

OMG, so far one of my favorite TT setups demoed (with limited TT knowledge) was SPJ Alba with Koetsu Blue Lace and FMA 122. I did not like the looks of the Alba. If the Artisan with the Blue Lace sounds as good it will be awesome because it looks so much like a work of art.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..love the way Chris matched the armboard veneer to that on the plinth...his is the best TT workmanship on the planet IMO..

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
..love the way Chris matched the armboard veneer to that on the plinth...his is the best TT workmanship on the planet IMO..

It's hard to make a Shindo look pedestrian but Artisan Fidelity does just that IMO.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Wow it is a long time since I looked at his website but things have certainly come on a bit with a lot more examples in the gallery!

My personal fave is the one in the gallery that is nearly white, which was done a while back I am sure.

He takes the most fantastic photos (or someone does!).

Very nice to the OP. Very nice indeed:)

bgupton

Sep 23, 2014
San Francisco, CA
Wow it is a long time since I looked at his website but things have certainly come on a bit with a lot more examples in the gallery!

My personal fave is the one in the gallery that is nearly white, which was done a while back I am sure.

He takes the most fantastic photos (or someone does!).

Very nice to the OP. Very nice indeed:)

I wish more audio businesses would make the effort to have nicer websites with better photography. Most are embarrassing and look like they were put together in 1995.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
That is a stunningly beautiful TT - congratulations. Severe envy :D

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Chris does amazing work. If I were to add another table to the stable it would be one of his...either an idler Garrard 301 or a Technics SP10 Mk3. Congrats on the table.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing