New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Here is an old article from April. I wonder how true that article is now. When KL perceives something as reality it seems difficult to change his mind. Case in point was his dust up with Popovich and the Spurs and now the medical staff of the Clippers.

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Here is another old article from April with a lot of "what-ifs". It seems KL will in fact become an unrestricted free agent much the same as AD did before he resigned with the Lakers however a lot has changed in the past few months. Yet as the article said JLK keeps things close to the vest.....A very interesting read

Could Kawhi Leonard leave Clippers for Heat as free agent?​

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
"because he wanted to be home in Los Angeles, and he wasn't interested in partnering with LeBron James on the Lakers. Those factors still hold true, which makes it unlikely that he would want to leave L.A."

It would have been a Hollywoody saga had Kawhi teamed up with Lebron, as to who gets to be in command.:D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Screenshot_20210627-224541_Facebook.jpg

He and the Clippers were up 3-1 over the Rockets a few years ago.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Kawhi is......Kawhi. Strange guy.

In the Sterling days there were issues with the training and medical staff no doubt.

I have every confidence that Steve Ballmer has outstanding medical care available for Clipper players. No doubt the Spurs did, too, since they are a premier NBA organization.

Right now Kawhi is holding the cards - he has the option to stay or go in the 3rd year of his deal.

Clippers have to wait for him to decide which way he wants to go before they can determine their course of action.

You do have to consider the source for the medical care story - Skip Bayless. He makes his living stirring up the s- - - pot so no telling where that came from. Perhaps Uncle Dennis planted that story since he's been out of the spotlight for the last two years.

Maybe all the speculation is wrong and Kawhi is legitimately injured. His coach and fellow players continue to stick up for him so that is a positive sign in his favor.

However, If I were Ballmer I'd be pretty fed up with all of this nonsense. I'd pull the plug one way or the other and move on.

That's easy for me to say since it isn't my money and I don't have a brand new $1.8 billion arena opening in a couple of years

Steve Williams

I agree Mike. As a Clippers fan it seems that KL is in full control. This is PG’s team and not KL as it’s leader. I said weeks ago that the Clipps need young and skilled draft choices to be competitive going forward and I would give serious thought to trading KL just as the Lakers did for AD. The Pels got all of the Lakers young prospects. Ballmer would get some serious players and/or first round draft choices. As for the Lakers they are going to have to do some serious trades and part with some of their core going forward. Now if they could only find a point guard like Jackson I’d be pretty happy. The Lakers IMO won’t win another title with LeBron. The league is just too good and he’s getting old

Reactions: WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The other day, I saw Marv being presented with the Larry O'Brien trophy by Reggie Miller. He was speechless. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
at the half

tied at 56-56

Trae Young has been making 3’s from at least 35 feet out
He feels it. And when opponents get beaten by such super long shots, nothing much they can do. He's doing that more often now too. I won't be suprised if his idol is Steph.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
There’s no stoooing Giannis. He’s goi big and long reach. He just scores over the Hawks

50-46 Hawks with 4:00 left in half
His inside moves just got better with those long arms of his doing finger rolls.

Steve Williams

Bucks win this one as Hawks squander an early 15 point lead. It was all Giannis ih the first half and all Middleton in the 2nd half

final Bucks 113-102

Trae Young tweaks his ankle on the refs foot and he was off for the rest of the game

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I have nothing but pure admiration of Middleton for these past 2 years. As I said before, pure, solid, player, tough as nails, and rising to the occasion today. No superstar air nor ego, he just comes in to do his thing, and score he did in key possessions in the 4th. The Bucks are not going to be denied tonight. They has a bad start but crawled in and made the game close and ultimately stepped on the gas with both barrels as Giannis played his game with 33 points and 11 boards. Add that to Middletown's 38 and you've got a winning score down the end. Great win. And btw, great defense too by the Bucks, I've always looked at coach Bud as a defensive minded coach like Thibs, but maybe with a milder attitude. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing