Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Happy Retirement Manu!

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Happy Retirement Manu!

Yup a real class act. This team has had some of the classiest to have ever played the game. Not so sure about their coach but a different topic for a different time.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Yup a real class act. This team has had some of the classiest to have ever played the game. Not so sure about their coach but a different topic for a different time.[/QUOTE

Two best coaches in the NBA - Greg Popovich and Steve Kerr. :)

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Yup a real class act. This team has had some of the classiest to have ever played the game. Not so sure about their coach but a different topic for a different time.[/QUOTE

Two best coaches in the NBA - Greg Popovich and Steve Kerr. :)

Not taking away from Popovich’s capabilities I am just tired of his schtick and political crap.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Ray Allen going into the Basketball Hall of Fame tomorrow.

Says he doesn't expect to hear from his former Celtics teammates.

Too bad those guys haven't been able to patch things up. Wounds must be deep.

Some of the other big name players going in - Maurice Cheeks, Grant Hill, Jason Kidd and Steve Nash.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Ray Allen going into the Basketball Hall of Fame tomorrow.

Says he doesn't expect to hear from his former Celtics teammates.

Too bad those guys haven't been able to patch things up. Wounds must be deep.

Some of the other big name players going in - Maurice Cheeks, Grant Hill, Jason Kidd and Steve Nash.

Deep indeed, even for me. What he did was literally to stick a knife into our hearts and twisted it to boot. Moving to a conference finals rival for the last 2 years for lesser money? I fully understand and support what KG did to him when Ray put out a hand while visiting the Garden the following season. And according to reports, he never hanged out with the Cs socially either in those days. Many C's fans feel like I do, it's easy to say bury the past, but it feels like it was only yesterday when he buried that 3 that gave our rival another crown. Ray can have his HOF induction, he deserves it with his career performance. Maybe only Pierce will be there.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Any news on the recovery of your two sidelined all-stars Phil?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Any news on the recovery of your two sidelined all-stars Phil?

Jack, a few weeks ago I read that Ainge said that he expects Kyrie and Gordon to be at full strength come training camp. Gordon has been training with a famous trainer and even had a dunk on a one on one drill. So far, they are on the way to full recovery. Training camp is very soon, and the season starts in a month, more or less.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Now Allen says that Rondo AND Doc screwed him and then Allen screwed them (no pun intended).

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ray-allen-rajon-rondo-stopped-154620710.html

Ray Allen: Rajon Rondo stopped passing to me, and Doc Rivers responded by bringing me off bench
Dan Feldman,NBC Sports 9 hours ago
Reactions Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email

Allen on his final year with the Celtics, via NBC Sports Boston:

There were parts throughout the season where I was starting to feel this type of resentment toward me on the floor. Other people would tell me at first, and I would ignore it, because I don’t like people getting into my team business, because this is my teammate. But people would always say, “He looks you off. When you come off a screen, he sees you and he doesn’t pass you the ball when you’re open.” At first, my family would say it, because they watch intently, and they they know the game. And so I just said, “Listen, because you have said this before about other guys, but I don’t engage in that.” So then, I started paying attention to it, because I started noticing it. And I went to Doc. And I asked Doc, and I said, “Doc, I think dude is looking me off, and he’s not passing me the ball. And I don’t know why, but I’m coming off, I’m running the plays that you’re drawing up, and he’s not passing me the ball. And he’ll shoot it or he’ll go in the other direction.” And Doc’s response was, “I know. We talked about it as a coaching staff.” I was like, “Wow. So you knew this whole time and you didn’t say anything. You didn’t address it to me and, more importantly, you’re not addressing him about it.” I think his response or his way of handling it was, this is when he wanted to bring me off the bench.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Ouch!

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I always thought Ray Allen was the guilty party when he left the Celtics for the Heat.

Sounds like the situation was much more complicated.

Doesn't seem there will be any peace made in the near term.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Well the news of the day is that Space Jam 2 is finally going together made. And guess who will be starring in the film and whose production company is bankrolling the film

Welcome to Lala land LeBron

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
That would be great if Jimmy Butler and Kawhi Leonard teamed up on the Clippers.

I guess Ballmer would have to buy a movie studio so they can keep up with LeBron.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That would be great if Jimmy Butler and Kawhi Leonard teamed up on the Clippers.

I guess Ballmer would have to buy a movie studio so they can keep up with LeBron.

Battle of L.A.

Should be a good one. :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
How about these rule changes this year, the biggest being the clock reset to 14 seconds rather than 24

Shot clock reset among rule changes approved by Board of Governors
Official release
Sep 21, 2018 3:36 PM ET
NEW YORK – The NBA Board of Governors today unanimously approved rules changes in advance of the 2018-19 season.

Beginning with the 2018 NBA preseason, the shot clock will reset to 14 seconds in offensive rebounding situations, as opposed to 24; the clear path foul rule will be simplified; and the definition of a “hostile act” will be expanded for purposes of triggering instant replay review.

Details on each rule modification appear below:

Shot Clock Reset – The shot clock will reset to 14 seconds in three scenarios: after an offensive rebound of a missed field goal or free throw that hit the rim; after a loose ball foul is called on the defensive team immediately following a missed field goal or free throw that hit the rim; or after the offensive team gets possession of the ball after it goes out of bounds immediately following a missed field goal or free throw that hit the rim.
The rule has been in effect in the NBA G League since the 2016-17 season, in the WNBA since 2016 and in FIBA play since 2014-15. The rule was also in place during 2018 NBA Summer Leagues.

Simplification of the Clear Path Foul Rule – The changes to the clear path foul rule establish “bright line” standards based on the position of players at the time of the foul while also narrowing required referee judgment and reducing the number of variables impacting the rule’s application.
A clear path foul is now defined as a personal foul against any offensive player during his team’s transition scoring opportunity in the following circumstances: the ball is ahead of the tip of the circle in the backcourt; no defender is ahead of the offensive player with the transition scoring opportunity; the player with the transition scoring opportunity is in control of the ball (or a pass has been thrown to him); and if the foul deprives his team of an opportunity to score.

As part of the clear path foul rule simplification, referees will no longer need to make judgment calls as to whether or not a defender was between (or had the opportunity to be between) the offensive player with the transition scoring opportunity and the basket. In addition, referees will no longer have to determine whether or not the defender was at any time ahead of the offensive player prior to committing the foul, nor will it be relevant whether or not a defender beat the offensive player with the transition scoring opportunity into the frontcourt. Further, plays of this nature will no longer have to originate in the backcourt (since transition scoring opportunities can originate in the frontcourt).

Under the simplified rule, a clear path foul cannot occur if the fouled player is in the act of shooting or if the foul is caused by the defender’s attempt to intercept or deflect a pass intended for the player attempting to score in transition.

If a clear path foul is committed, the offended team will continue to be awarded two free throws and possession of the ball on the sideline nearest the spot where the foul occurred.

To view examples of the clear path foul rule simplification, click on the following link:

http://official.nba.com/example-of-clear-path-rule-simplifications/

Expanded Definition of “Hostile Act” for Replay Purposes – For purposes of triggering instant replay review, the definition of a “hostile act” has been broadened to enable referees to determine the appropriate penalty for players or coaches if they are involved in hostile encounters with each other, referees or fans.
The NBA’s Competition Committee unanimously recommended these rules changes to the Board of Governors.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
How about these rule changes this year, the biggest being the clock reset to 14 seconds rather than 24

Shot clock reset among rule changes approved by Board of Governors
Official release
Sep 21, 2018 3:36 PM ET
NEW YORK – The NBA Board of Governors today unanimously approved rules changes in advance of the 2018-19 season.

Beginning with the 2018 NBA preseason, the shot clock will reset to 14 seconds in offensive rebounding situations, as opposed to 24; the clear path foul rule will be simplified; and the definition of a “hostile act” will be expanded for purposes of triggering instant replay review.

Details on each rule modification appear below:

Shot Clock Reset – The shot clock will reset to 14 seconds in three scenarios: after an offensive rebound of a missed field goal or free throw that hit the rim; after a loose ball foul is called on the defensive team immediately following a missed field goal or free throw that hit the rim; or after the offensive team gets possession of the ball after it goes out of bounds immediately following a missed field goal or free throw that hit the rim.
The rule has been in effect in the NBA G League since the 2016-17 season, in the WNBA since 2016 and in FIBA play since 2014-15. The rule was also in place during 2018 NBA Summer Leagues.

Simplification of the Clear Path Foul Rule – The changes to the clear path foul rule establish “bright line” standards based on the position of players at the time of the foul while also narrowing required referee judgment and reducing the number of variables impacting the rule’s application.
A clear path foul is now defined as a personal foul against any offensive player during his team’s transition scoring opportunity in the following circumstances: the ball is ahead of the tip of the circle in the backcourt; no defender is ahead of the offensive player with the transition scoring opportunity; the player with the transition scoring opportunity is in control of the ball (or a pass has been thrown to him); and if the foul deprives his team of an opportunity to score.

As part of the clear path foul rule simplification, referees will no longer need to make judgment calls as to whether or not a defender was between (or had the opportunity to be between) the offensive player with the transition scoring opportunity and the basket. In addition, referees will no longer have to determine whether or not the defender was at any time ahead of the offensive player prior to committing the foul, nor will it be relevant whether or not a defender beat the offensive player with the transition scoring opportunity into the frontcourt. Further, plays of this nature will no longer have to originate in the backcourt (since transition scoring opportunities can originate in the frontcourt).

Under the simplified rule, a clear path foul cannot occur if the fouled player is in the act of shooting or if the foul is caused by the defender’s attempt to intercept or deflect a pass intended for the player attempting to score in transition.

If a clear path foul is committed, the offended team will continue to be awarded two free throws and possession of the ball on the sideline nearest the spot where the foul occurred.

To view examples of the clear path foul rule simplification, click on the following link:

http://official.nba.com/example-of-clear-path-rule-simplifications/

Expanded Definition of “Hostile Act” for Replay Purposes – For purposes of triggering instant replay review, the definition of a “hostile act” has been broadened to enable referees to determine the appropriate penalty for players or coaches if they are involved in hostile encounters with each other, referees or fans.
The NBA’s Competition Committee unanimously recommended these rules changes to the Board of Governors.

New shot clock rule means MORE THREE POINT shots. :D

The 3 point line is really going to have to be adjusted a meter or 2 farther, and still count it for 3 points, not 4.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
New shot clock rule means MORE THREE POINT shots. :D

The 3 point line is really going to have to be adjusted a meter or 2 farther, and still count it for 3 points, not 4.

Hope you’re right, would be thrilled if the rule winds up pushing out the line. I think moving out the line should’ve happened some years ago. I find the (over) emphasis on 3s generally boring to watch: where are the big guy battles that used to be so great, where’s the whole mid-range game? Further, it rewards mediocrity at its present distance. Since when is being a 40% shooter so great? But if you’re at or near that, teams have you stand around outside the line. A further out line would separate the ok shooters from the really good/great ones.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing