Archimago Gets Acourate!

ChrisH

Aug 25, 2015
I've really been thinking about adding Acourate to my active system. Everything I have read makes it sound like it's really the way to go for correction/timing/phase. Maybe I'll look more heavily into this when I'm done physically treating my room.

Thanks for the article!

Fitzcaraldo215

Nov 3, 2014
Here's a great write-up about the wonderful Acourate DSP toolbox.

http://archimago.blogspot.com/2015/...omment=1448754841887&m=1#c9015437258436794988

It is a terrific case study, review and user guide, typical of Archimago's fine blog. I know you have gotten great results using Acourate, dj. And, there is no question that it provides many more user options and controls for fine tuning the sound than most anything else out there for those so inclined. But, I must say once again, it sure is complicated in terms of the number of steps and the learning required for even a simple calibration. Maybe the final results warrant that. And, I am sure that it gets much simpler to use with increased familiarity. But, I'll stick with Dirac Live, thanks, which is way simpler in doing the calibration, yet still quite sophisticated internally.

I would be up to the challenge of mastering Acourate and willing, if I were less than satisfied with the sonic results provided by Dirac. But, I am quite satisfied on my 7.1 channel system.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing