Toronto 2015 (TAVES) show

Gene 15352

Feb 18, 2013
Canada
Hi everyone. I was at the TAVES show last week and was exposed to some really nice systems. Overall, most of big mega buck rooms weren't that impressive as they were missing that intimacy component but one exception, CH Precision hooked up to Sophia's. A couple of stand out rooms that had great synergy were two rooms: Mundorf Bookshelf speakers driven by ANK Kits integrated. What's exciting too is that Mudorf will be adding two 7 inch bass modules down the road to their bookshelf speaker. http://www.ankaudiokits.com http://shop.grantfidelity.com/Mundorf-MA30-Anniversity-Bookshelf-Speaker-Kithtml.html Another standout room was the Audio Alchemy products - mono amps etc driving the Kef Blade 2 - wow, what a match! Just my thoughts.
Gene

Gene 15352

Feb 18, 2013
Canada
Not really, sorry. However, one of the listening experiences that gave me goosebumps and I assume everyone else in the room was when Vincent Be'langer played his cello seated in between a pair of Focal Sopras driven by Devialet performing in unison to his own recording. I noticed that Peter Breuninger has a video of Vincent on AV Showrooms from a past show. He and Anne Bisson showcased their recordings together at a booth. Also, if anyone was in the market for some Tenor mono amps, they were offering a show special of 20% off which came out to a modest $80,000 Cdn. Forgot my cheque book at home.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Not really, sorry. However, one of the listening experiences that gave me goosebumps and I assume everyone else in the room was when Vincent Be'langer played his cello seated in between a pair of Focal Sopras driven by Devialet performing in unison to his own recording. I noticed that Peter Breuninger has a video of Vincent on AV Showrooms from a past show. He and Anne Bisson showcased their recordings together at a booth. Also, if anyone was in the market for some Tenor mono amps,
they were offering a show special of 20% off which came out to a modest $80,000 Cdn. Forgot my cheque book at home.

Nice. /// You could have used your American Express card. You have any limit on it?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing