F1 motorsports

miniguy

Dec 18, 2013
San Diego area
That’s racing. Lewis will have the off season to get hungry. Max will gain even more confidence. It should be competitive between them next year. MB will have more to deal with RB next year with a new driver to be #2 to Lewis.
That’s right. Hamilton won’t have just Verstappen to worry about next year. He will have his hands full with George Russell, a superb driver now going into a car to match his talent and potential as a champion.

Reactions: PierreB

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018
That’s racing. Lewis will have the off season to get hungry. Max will gain even more confidence. It should be competitive between them next year. MB will have more to deal with RB next year with a new driver to be #2 to Lewis.
Lets not forget what happened last winter when the new rules came out that penalized the cars that ran less rake. MB spent most of the first half of the season trying to regain downforce to catch up with the high rake (RB) cars. Next year they will be starting with a clean sheet so it will be interesting to see who comes out fast first.

Max is quick, maybe as quick or even quicker than Lewis but no way did Max earn today's win. No way. And I guaranty he knows it. But as my wife reminded me "that's racing".

Reactions: Chop

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Mercedes arguably had the faster car this weekend
Strategicaly RB won the race , if hamilton would have gone on softs as well during the last safetycar situation he would have won
They didnt and it was a stupid mistake of mercedes.

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018
Strategicaly RB won the race , if hamilton would have gone on softs as well during the last safetycar situation he would have won
Strategicaly RB won (with just a little luck) Max didn't. Did either one of us spell that right?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Strategicaly RB won (with just a little luck) Max didn't. Did either one of us spell that right?
Sore losers lol F 1 is a team effort strategically RB is very strong
If max would be in a mercedes as well he would have put a lap on Hamilton lol

Last edited:

Chop

Aug 9, 2020
England
Lets not forget what happened last winter when the new rules came out that penalized the cars that ran less rake. MB spent most of the first half of the season trying to regain downforce to catch up with the high rake (RB) cars. Next year they will be starting with a clean sheet so it will be interesting to see who comes out fast first.

Max is quick, maybe as quick or even quicker than Lewis but no way did Max earn today's win. No way. And I guaranty he knows it. But as my wife reminded me "that's racing".
What he said.
So...Hamilton is 10 seconds ahead with 5 cars between Verstappen and him, and when they restart the cars have been removed and Verstappen is allowed to be on his tail. Michael Masi the race director literally changing the rules on the fly. This was a quite jaw dropping con to engineer someone other than Hamilton being World Champion.

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Not quite, they would have had to relinquish the race lead as they needed 15 seconds or so and only had 11.7 gap to P2. MB did everything they needed to win this race except account for the events that unfolded in those last few laps which Horner influenced by pleading with the race director to 'let them race' and effectively delete the first 57 laps of a GP AFTER they had put fresh soft tyres on to Verstappen's car.. Whoever calls that a fair win needs to be a bit more honest with themselves..

Reactions: Kingsrule and Chop

Chop

Aug 9, 2020
England
Aint that the truth!

Reactions: Uk Paul

defride

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2013
Racing is not predictable
Nobody could have foreseen those events .
Yes but here the Race Director failed to follow convention, made up the rules as he went along and it was the race director/F1 not the drivers that dictated the final result. That isn't sport that's WWF

Suspect many like myself who'd long since given up on F1 but took an interest in this race due to the circumstance will continue to view F1 with little more than passing interest

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Mercedes went past the pit lane entry and took the decision not to box in this safetycar situation , because they were race leader and were afraid to lose that
Red Bull had nothing to lose and took the gamble to box .,
Fresher tyres rest is history .
Where is the bad mistake of the F1 racedirector ?
what should he have done different in your opinion ?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I do not know the details of what happened, but I am happy to see a Dutchie win!

PS: Tinka is Dutch.

Reactions: andromedaaudio

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Mercedes went past the pit lane entry and took the decision not to box in this safetycar situation , because they were race leader and were afraid to lose that
Masi didn't follow the rules, period. Mercedes made decisions based on the rules being followed. Instead Masi just did as he wished and gifted the win to the Bulls. He for sure knew the Bull car was on newer rubber and side stepped the rules for them. The worst one was ignoring the rule that after he let some of the the lapped cars go thru the saftey car stays out one additional lap to let them catch up to the back of the pack. THEN the race is restarted. In this case that would have been the final lap. End of race. Mercedes World Champions. He wilted under the pressure. It was a sham win.....Unless the International Court of Appeals makes a correct ruling...

Last edited:

miniguy

Dec 18, 2013
San Diego area
Masi didn't follow the rules, period. Mercedes made decisions based on the rules being followed. Instead Masi just did as he wished and gifted the win to the Bulls. He for sure knew the Bull car was on newer rubber and side stepped the rules for them. The worst one was ignoring the rule that after he let some of the the lapped cars go thru the saftey car stays out one additional lap to let them catch up to the back of the pack. THEN the race is restarted. In this case that would have been the final lap. End of race. Mercedes World Champions. He wilted under the pressure. It was a sham win.....Unless the International Court of Appeals makes a correct ruling...
The regulations state that the race director can send out and pull in the safety car whenever he likes and that supersedes anything else.

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018
Sore losers lol its a team effort strategically RB is very strong
If max would be in a mercedes as well he would have put a lap on Hamilton lo

I suggest everyone posting hear read Noble's article in today's Autosport--it's online. No, he's not a Lewis fanboy but he does make the point Max's championship is tainted (except possibly in Holland) and he deserves better.

Reactions: Uk Paul

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I suggest everyone posting hear read Noble's article in today's Autosport--it's online. No, he's not a Lewis fanboy but he does make the point Max's championship is tainted (except possibly in Holland) and he deserves better.

I only saw this one by Noble, not sure if you meant another one:

Verstappen seems fair in his comments. Yes, his championship is tainted, unfortunately.

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018

Blackmorec

Feb 1, 2019
I lost interest in F1 when officials started to have more influence than drivers on the outcome of races however this last race seemed to be particularly interesting so I watched both qualifying and the race. But the final result was me cancelling my ‘Series Link’. No point recording something I’m no longer interested in watching. Shame because I like motorsport but really F1 is now just big business and the actual racing has somehow been forgotten. Fortunately if we want racing we still have Moto GP. I‘m guessing that the IOM TT is going to be a recurring victim of Covid for the third year in a row. That’s a real shame.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing